IVMS 4500 0 Cameras

mrfozz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm sure I'm missing some small step but it's driving me crazy. I'm trying to get the mobile client to work on an iPad and iPhone. I have everything configured for live and playback, but when I go to IVMS 4500 and put in the IP of the NVR I get 0 cams being displayed. This isn't a NAT issue as I'm trying to do this locally.

Please point me in the right direction!!!

Thanks in advance,

-marcus

Attachments

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is your phone connected to your wifi network? Have you tried adding a camera by itself in iVMS 4500?

mrfozz

n3wb
Reaction score
It is connected to the wifi. I can add the cameras individually, but I wanted to pull them up through the NVR. I forgot to mention, this worked fine with PCNVR, I just recently rebuilt the server with the latest vision of IVMS-4200

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh I see. I was thinking you were trying to connect to an actual NVR device. I'm not really familiar with the PC server software version, but it might have something to do with the software version you are using. Hopefully someone with the right answer can chime in, but I think the updated version for Hikvision iVMS-4200 PCNVR (Windows) was the Hikvision iVMS-5200 Professional which is no longer free after the trial period. The Hikvision iVMS-4200 does not support server management... or something like that :D Hopefully I'm wrong and it's just a setting. Good luck.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bad news. You cannot use the build in Storage server in iVMS4200 to connect to iVMS4500 mobile application. You can connect 4200 to 4200 but not 4200 to 4500. The only exception was iVMS4200PCNVR but unfortunately development of that great application was stopped, and no future updates are planned as far as I know.

mrfozz

n3wb
Reaction score
What is everyone else doing? Should I be doing something different?