ivms-4500 Error Code 8200 - DS7608NI-E2 with DS-2CD3145F-I

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Check to make sure there are no IP conflicts and that the cameras behind the NVR are not on the same subnet as the router. Although this would have caused more imminent problems up front and you wouldn't even get a web GUI if this was the case, so scratch that.

Try this:
1) In the NVR, set it's IP to something static and make note of the network settings. For example, IP 192.168.1.10, SN 255.255.255.0. DNS and Gateway aren't important right now so you can leave those to 0.0.0.0.

2) Connect PC to NVR LAN port. No crossover required, the devices auto-cross as necessary. Set your computer's IP statically to 192.168.1.5, or something else within the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet so both your computer and recorder are logically visible to each other on the same network.

3) In the browser, connect to the NVR at 192.168.1.10 or whatever address you decide to set it to. Login and try to see if you can get a live stream. This will either rule out or single out the router as the culprit by taking it out of the circuit.

Another thing you could do, following these same steps, single out 1 camera and put it on your main network, not behind the recorder. Set the IPs accordingly.

Whether you connect directly to the cam or the recorder, if no live view in the web GUI, check the stream directly by downloading and installing VLC if you don't already have it. VLC has the capability to open network streams directly. You will go to the File menu > Open Network... and enter the following URL, but filling in your information:

rtsp://username:password@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/PSIA/streaming/channels/C0S
username: username on device (admin most likely)
password: your password
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx = IP address of device
C = channel number
S = stream type; type 1 for Main Stream, or 2 for Substream

PS. that smiley face is a : and letter P. Cute, but I did not do that intentionally!

Last edited by a moderator:

cruunnerr

n3wb
Reaction score
Now I realize the misunderstanding^^ I got a DS7608NI-E2/A -> that means i use external poe injectors to power my cams. so all terminals (cams and nvr) are in one and the same network. well, as i wrote before the rtsp streams via VLC and the "onvif device manager" are available in full resoloution.
Just to let you know here my network setting:

Gateway: 192.168.178.1 (fritzbox 7490)
Subnet: 255.255.0.0

NVR: 192.168.178.201 (static)
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Http-Port: 8081

cams: 192.168.178.202 - 207 (all static)
subnet: 255.255.255.0
http-ports: 80

from the Router there goes one cable with 1Gb/s to my cellar, where its connected to two little switches (its just two, because i hadnt a big one so i had to use two small ones but they are capable of 1GBit/s).
From this switches there are going cables to my nvr (1Gbit/s) and to all poe injectors (100MBit/s). from this poe injectors there are going cables to the network sockets which are the ones of the cams. Well, i have to say, that i used one cable to connect two cams as the cams have just 100MBit/s anyway and uses poe 802.af.
But all that may not relevant, as the nvr records the full resoloution stream everytime! so the stream comes perfectly to the nvr. or am i missing something? maybe i am just too stupid ^^
But i will try out to connect my laptop directly to the little switches in my cellar and connect to the nvr/cams

posted a picture of the system, but dont judge to me as the system was growing up so it doesnt look very well. But trust me, all connections are ok as i proofed with a network cable tester. :)
IMG_0858.JPG

cruunnerr

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, i found a soloution now. Works since 3 Days without any error. Its not 100% satisfying, but anyhow i can live view in clear. And its all about the stream settings!

So, on the cam with V5.3.3 i had to set the bitrate to "static" and the max. Bitrate to 4096. resoloution remains 2560*1440. That was the only setting works regularly.
On the cam with 5.3.8 i could set the bitrate to "variable" but had to set the "Video-quality" to medium (4 times +). Max Bitrate to 4096 and resoloution 2560*1440.

Cant understand that, but i am going to live with that... :( Quality of those images and videos are very good at all

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's odd. All of mine are set at 6144 max BR, variable and highest quality settings. No issues. At least you found somewhat of a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowman

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a similar problem, which bugged me non stop. Ivms developers where fantastic with support...saying that my set up worked well on their iPhone 6 and 5S, but I just couldn't see what they were seeing on my iPhone 6S. Ater a lot of tooing, and froing, I deleted the app, and redownloaded it. I couldn't believe it was that simple to resolve. Give it a try.

cruunnerr

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope. Doesnt work in my case. I thought i found a soloution, but it doesnt work anymore. I actually live with the problem. Its a pity, but i can view the recorded streams in clear. So its ok at all...

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm just shooting in the dark here, but make sure uPNP is turned off on all the cameras. Maybe they are port fighting with each other. For me I had the NVR and my Camera fight for port 8000 when they were on the same network and viewing them feeds on IVM4500 would constantly have a connection problem. Mine didn't say 8200, mine said invalid password (my cams and NVR are on different passwords) so thats how I knew they were port fighting.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wanted to add i have the same issue in one of my installs. Funny thing is, it only occurs when the office is busy, so i figured it was a bandwidth issue.

had to drop the quality down in order to view it.

Last edited by a moderator:

rdun2004

n3wb
Reaction score
Same problem. I picked up on another thread to disable uPnP on all cameras only leaving it enabled on the NVR where it is needed.

I did this and everything immediately worked correctly.

Idor

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I had this same error and managed to get live view going by logging onto the EZVIZ cloud website and switching of video encryption!
Perfect :)
Now all features are working on my sn7108 NVR

Manic

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm just shooting in the dark here, but make sure uPNP is turned off on all the cameras. Maybe they are port fighting with each other. For me I had the NVR and my Camera fight for port 8000 when they were on the same network and viewing them feeds on IVM4500 would constantly have a connection problem. Mine didn't say 8200, mine said invalid password (my cams and NVR are on different passwords) so thats how I knew they were port fighting.
Thanks everyone!!

I found the following tips from here helpful to get it working:
1. change the NVR port from 8000 to ensure there are no conflicts
2. add a second user in the camera and connect to it from the NVR
3. disable EZVIZ encryption - possibly to save bandwidth?
4. dropping the settings to lower quality on the camera - possibly to save bandwidth?

I have a 7608 chinese version NVR. It's a shame we can't change the IP addresses for the cameras but all looks to work ok now.

I also had to connect to the cameras directly from a web browser and log in before the NVR would recognise them as well.

What a journey! And this is all going beyond the standard user manual. o_O:(:)

Last edited:

bisesik

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I have got the same problem and I can say, that there is only one reason when Error 8200 occurs - it is due to lack of the uploading bandwidth. The upload speed of your LAN\WAN (more for internet, actually) channel should satisfy settings at least for the main stream of camera. Say, if your camera is 3MP, then it requires 6Mbit/s for proper image transfer.

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the same error code from the iVMS4500 smartphone app from all of my mobile devices for one camera that used to work properly. After a lot of messing with firmware downgrade-upgrade of the camera and the NVR, a simple camera restore to defaults eliminated the 8200 error. Go figure!!!!