iVMS-4500 software

camwhore

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone got it working successfully over their phone's data connection 3G/4G?

Installed the software on my Nexus 5. Set up the connection for my cam in the app with my routers external Internet facing IP, port 8000.
All ports are correctly forwarded on my router for the 2432 cam in question and the ports being forwarded match the default assigned ports on the cam itself for simplicity and ease of testing.

The iVMS-4500 software connects up and logs into the cam connection instance I've set up in the software fine. I can actually do full playback from the cam through the software and view saved footage and so forth on my phone's 3G/4G data connection. However, if I try to go to live view in the software I get:

logging in
Starting live view...
[Connection failed]

No live view :(

If I set up a connection in the software for my LAN wireless connection, same as above but with my cam's internal home network IP I get full functionality, including live-view, without issue.

For reference, IP Cam Viewer works live feed/view without issue. So I know this software can do it but I'll be jiggered if I can figure out why the live view won't come up on my 3G data connection.

Now I'm not the only person with this issue and I've trawled the Intertubes for possible solutions which include the following things I've tried in an effort to remedy the issue:

• Changed the sub stream and main stream quality and parameters from high to v basic in case of data transfer or rendering issues of some sort
  • Played with the LiveView paramaters on the camera itself, protocol, performance, hell I even changed the 'rules' setting (anyone know what that actually does? No one else on the Intertubes seems to either...)
  • Port mapping and NAT settings on the camera to no avail and no change
  • Changed assigned port numberings on the cam to a variety of other ranges and the same on the router in case of ISP blocked ports or ranges

Honestly cannot fathom what is going on with it. Anyone got any suggestions?

I'm aware that IP Cam Viewer utilises RTSP 554 for the live feed data stream and was told that iVMS requires the 8000 server port, presumably for the more involved functions, but then also read iVMS also uses RTSP for the live stream too. Does anyone know how iVMS works and what's what or can shed any more light on it? I'm confusing the crap out of myself currently and need someone with a torch :)

It's not massively urgent as I can view the live feed through IP Cam Viewer and do any playback requirement when remote via iVMS as I can at least access playback as mentioned without any issues, but, I would love to figure out why this is misbehaving in this way. It's driving me absolutely insane.

msryhajw

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you port forward RTSP externally? I forgot this and IP Cam Viewer worked fine but IVMS did not.

Did you select manual ports on the camera (6.3.10 Configuring NAT (Network Address Translation) Settings)?

How many cameras are you using? I had to setup different ports per camera to get mine working on 3G.

Last edited by a moderator:

camillo777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all!
Yesterday, after a restart of my modems and camera (without any configuration change), the iVMS 4500 Android app cannot connect *anymore* from outside my LAN to my DS2432 camera with 5.1.0 firmware ethernet connected.
- inside LAN iVMS 4500 is OK;
- http web GUI is on port 81 and is ok from LAN and from outside LAN; even streaming with Quicktime on OSX;
- other ports are default and are mapped on my router for port mapping (443, 554, 8000);
Switched on/off on camera both uPNP and NAT but nothing changes.

Any clue?
Until switching off and on all my stuff everything worked well!
This is nonsense and everything was working so smoothly!

Thank you!

Bets regards,
Camillo

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
your external ip address probably changed. You need to use the new external ip address. Google "what is my ip address." look into using a dynamic dns service to avoid this issue.

camillo777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
your external ip address probably changed. You need to use the new external ip address. Google "what is my ip address." look into using a dynamic dns service to avoid this issue.
HI thanks
But via http the gui is correct and I already use a domain name to access my home. There is something which prevents port 8000 to answer my Android phone.
Any idea?

camillo777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If I remember well the first time everything was set up correctly as today but not working and after a day or so... Tadaaaaa... Magically it started to work... How odd...

camillo777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And I really do not understand what is this NAT configuration.
Is it not enough to do the port forwarding on the router?
Thank you

LVNV007

n3wb
Reaction score
I registered a "cloud" account on iVMS-4500 and it asking to scan the SN#. Does anyone know any details of this cloud service?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, this is on the iOS app for iPhone

naseemj

n3wb
Reaction score
If you can connect your NVR for remote view through your laptop or pc but you cannot access live ip camera through Android apps then following configuration will help solve your issue.
Also you can connect through local LAN home ip but outside of house any wifi or mobile data you cannot connect.

For model like Hikvision
Click
1) Configuration
2) Networking
3) Basic Settings
4) NAT
5) Check-in Enable UPnP
6) Save
problem solved.

Visit Link http://www.homeprix.com/

connection_filed.jpg