iVMS-4520 Slow alert notifications..

tmazid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a DS-7108N-SN/P (Chinese) with 3.0.10 Build 141201 (with English) and 4 Hikvision cameras, all working fine. I'm trying to setup alerts via iVMS-4520 (v4.0.0 Build 20150513) and enabling Notify Surveillance Center on the NVR, everything appears to be working fine except that the notfications occurr about 15-30 minutes after the motion has been detected. The iVMS software is running on an iPhone iOS8.4. If I configure email alerts then I get them almost straight away which I'd like to the push notifications.

Questions
1. Why is there such a delay in the notification alerts and is there something I can do to improve this? Ideally is there another product that I should be using which 'response' wise would be better? I'd prefer almost instantly like emails. Any recommendations or tweaks that I should be performing?

2. All the configurations have been performed on the NVR via the Web UI and nothing has been set on the individual cameras? Is this right or should I be making changes on the cameras themselves?

Thanks