IVMS alternatives for Windows?

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are there any alternatives for Hikvision cameras/NVR that I can use to replace IVMS? I'm having a few issues with v3.1.1.13. Every time I start it up, it asks for the stream's encryption key and it also freezes randomly pretty frequently. I've caught myself looking at the timestamp to make sure it is playing and not frozen.

I don't mind paying if it means I can get something that is superior and more stable than the current IVMS solution.

My computer specs are pretty good, so I know it isn't a resource issue.

Thanks!

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks! I've downloaded it and am testing it out. If It stops freezing, I'll be in a good place. I like the software, but it wasn't working well for me.

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The new version works better, but I still get these random notifications that the stream is encrypted and it will not show the video until I hit OK (encryption phrase is already populated), even if I was previously watching the stream. It is driving me crazy. Is there a fix for this?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The new version works better, but I still get these random notifications that the stream is encrypted and it will not show the video until I hit OK (encryption phrase is already populated), even if I was previously watching the stream. It is driving me crazy. Is there a fix for this?
There are hundreds of windows pc vms options. Depends on how much you want to pay.
See
Blue iris
Nxwitness/DWipvms
milestone

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to nail down why certain cameras lose the encryption key on IVMS 3.2? I have the one camera that loses the key every 20 minutes or so; it is driving me crazy.

Robbe

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it always the same camera that asks for the encryption key?
Which models and firmware?

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is one camera in particular that does it constantly, with three other doing it every once in a while.

I'm using the DS-1608NI-E2 running v3.4.98 and all of my cameras are DS-2CD2032-I. How can I see the firmware of the cameras?

Robbe

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm guessing the camera's are all connected on the PoE ports of the NVR?
What you can do if there's no open PoE port left:
-Open the webinterface of the NVR
-Go to "Network" -> "Advanced Settings" -> "Other" -> tick the box "Enable Virtual Host"
-Go to "System" -> "Camera management" -> You'll now see a new tab with "Connect" which lets you login to these camera's.
-After logging in the camera you can see the firmware at "System" -> "System Settings".

Attachments

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm guessing the camera's are all connected on the PoE ports of the NVR?
What you can do if there's no open PoE port left:
-Open the webinterface of the NVR
-Go to "Network" -> "Advanced Settings" -> "Other" -> tick the box "Enable Virtual Host"
-Go to "System" -> "Camera management" -> You'll now see a new tab with "Connect" which lets you login to these camera's.
-After logging in the camera you can see the firmware at "System" -> "System Settings".
Thank you for such clear instructions. Finally got around to doing this.

Firmware on the cameras is 5.4.5 build 170123. This seems to be the latest firmware.

The live view on the cameras on IVMS continues to reset itself back to the playback error where it says that the stream is encrypted, but the password is saved there and I just click OK and it reconnects. The problem is that it can do this as often as 3 times every 5 minutes to once every half an hour or so. It is incredibly annoying.

Sometimes the picture just freezes. Unless I'm looking at the timestamp to make sure that I'm looking at a live feed, I can easily be looking at a frozen frame thinking everything is OK.

Desperately looking for a solution or an alternative.