iVMS Client Problems

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tablet screens are tiny....here is just a sample of some of my setups...
Blue iris pc in home office, where a 21"-23" screen is on
in a business on large TV
hdmi out signal distributed to tv's and 10" led screens thought the home.
tablets running the blue iris app over wifi will eventually loose connection...if you want a stable image you need to run hdmi...

Everyone had different needs, thats why these products exist.

Sorry means nothing to me tablet screen work just as well as any tv. if you have trouble seeing a table screen throwing out 1080p then your eyes need to be checked

Now to move on and figure out why my live view is choppy every 5 secs. mayor night something in the settings are just making these cams crazy and i haven't been about to figure it out in the last week. Im about to pull them down and return them should have to speed this long trying to figure out the issue and settings that aren't even touched or barely touched at that

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry means nothing to me tablet screen work just as well as any tv. if you have trouble seeing a table screen throwing out 1080p then your eyes need to be checked

Now to move on and figure out why my live view is choppy every 5 secs. mayor night something in the settings are just making these cams crazy and i haven't been about to figure it out in the last week. Im about to pull them down and return them should have to speed this long trying to figure out the issue and settings that aren't even touched or barely touched at that
like i said every one has different needs...if the screen is 5 feet away and i have 10 cameras up a tablet aint cutting it....if ivms works for you great! take the 60 dollars and go buy dinner...
all your cameras are choppy then there is something wrong on the pc side or your network,there is no way all the cameras are defective - unless you purchased from china with bad firmware.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
like i said every one has different needs...if the screen is 5 feet away and i have 10 cameras up a tablet aint cutting it....if ivms works for you great! take the 60 dollars and go buy dinner...
all your cameras are choppy then there is something wrong on the pc side or your network,there is no way all the cameras are defective - unless you purchased from china with bad firmware.

Only that will skip like every 5 secs and nope they are hikvision

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Only that will skip like every 5 secs and nope they are hikvision
What are your settings? is you pc maxing out? Where did you get the cameras from? What is the firmware version?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Got them from milkisbad

settings are not maxed 2 cameras 1080p 30fps

firmware 5.2
Then there is no way its the cams...Are they skipping in the web interface as well?
What are your video settings? Do they skip if they are set to 20fps?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes

1080p at 30fps
What are your video settings? Do they skip if they are set to 20fps?
Seems like a network issue to me.
Connect one camera directly to a pc and see if it skips.

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been away for a minute...as far as BI vs iVMS... I like to let the cameras handle the analytics. They have the power, so I let them versus letting them tax a CPU. I run Client and Server on same machine. 24/7 recording will take less CPU because it isn't processing all the frames for analytics.

marc463

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I am using iVMS PCNVR 4200 for about 1 years now and did not had any problems with it. The feature I like the most is the jump back right in the client on the screen ((Right lower corner (switch to instant playback)). A setting I miss on any other software that is out. I am pretty certain I tried BI too. Now I have a problem. Computer is switched to Win 10 (Surface Pro 3 i7....) and now it will not record anymore. I can playback with the instant feature and when I click on the (R) lower right corner it claims it records but when I go to watch the file it is stuck on 1 picture yet the bar at the play is moving forward. Go to Playback on top of the iVMS it shows the recorded segments I download them and it is recorded but the same problem, shows 1 still picture while the slider is moving forward on the bottom. I always use MPCH to play the file, always worked, not anymore then tried other software player too with the same results. It will not make a moving recording anymore. Anybody else has that problem? On this computer I use the older PCNVR 1.02 on another laptop Gateway I use the PCNVR 1.03 but is having the same problem after switching that one to win 10.
Thanks Marc

PJ Will

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I got ivms 4200 to show my pcnvr on my PC hard drive. However, it looks like it is using the entire drive when I formatted it within the Storage server. I went from having 600 gb of free space to having only 1.75 gb's free left. Did I do something wrong?

I thought it only stores recordings when motion is alerted? Why is it showing that 95% of my hard drive is already full? I see like 200 videos with all the same date and time stamp added. Currently my camera's recording schedule shows Event Template but my camera web gui has a mixture of motion and continuous recording each day.

Can anyone help?