iVMS (hikvision NVR iOS app) can you view alerts?

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone with a Hikvision NVR using iVMS mobile app, I'm really curious as to how to view alerts vs. just the continuous footage or if that's even possible. MAN, this NVR makes me really appreciate Blue Iris, but it will hopefully achieve what I need it to where this is installed.

With BI's mobile app, alerts are a no-brainer. Go to alerts, see alert images, click on that image to view that alert. In iVMS, I go to Remote Playback, choose a camera, then all I see is a blue bar for the whole recording (24/7 recording) which scrubbing for a specific time is a pain, btw. No flags, alerts, etc..

Anyone have experience with this?

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone with a Hikvision NVR using iVMS mobile app, I'm really curious as to how to view alerts vs. just the continuous footage or if that's even possible. MAN, this NVR makes me really appreciate Blue Iris, but it will hopefully achieve what I need it to where this is installed.

With BI's mobile app, alerts are a no-brainer. Go to alerts, see alert images, click on that image to view that alert. In iVMS, I go to Remote Playback, choose a camera, then all I see is a blue bar for the whole recording (24/7 recording) which scrubbing for a specific time is a pain, btw. No flags, alerts, etc..

Only way i know is to use motion record instead of continuous.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, RBW.

That stinks. Just about everyone needs to interface with these systems via mobile from time to time and looking at motion alerts seems like a super-basic requirement for most. Scratching my head.. One guy (Ken, Blue Iris) can develop a mobile app that absolutely crushes an app from a large company like Hikvision in terms of functionality, ease of use, and etc.. Their cameras are a very good value, but so far, I can't recommend their NVR.

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On a side note, which app are you using.
I have an iPhone, and there are multiple apps iVMS available, with three of them in English and rest in Chinese.
The ones in English are iVMS 4500 lite, iVMS 4520 and iVMS 5260
So, which one it is ...... ?

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using a branded app which is the same as iVMS 4500 lite. It's called NVMS7000. I've logged on to the NVR from both and only see the solid blue timeline. Seems that's just the way it is. I'm just hoping they will eventually improve this with a firmware/software update.

CodeSmoke

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm also using the NVMS7000 and have to agree with @fbnoise, the cameras are great and the NVR seems to be fine if you are sitting in front of it or using the Windows NVMS desktop version (Mac Version is more limited :(), but the mobile app from BroVision is crap when it comes to recordings and camera full support like zoom and focus on their verifocal cameras and two way audio which all work fine in the browser.

If you are sitting in front of the NVR and I believe even on the Windows version of the NVMS, you can go from one alert to the next. I really like their smart search where you can select an area of the screen and it will filter all the clips that show motion for only the area you selected.

I've been using BlueIris for a few years and the developer is constantly updating it and making it better, updates every month at least. Being able to just swipe up from a live view to get to the recording for that camera is super easy, then just swipe left and right to go through the recordings.

I would buy more Hikvision/LTS NVR's if they had a better mobile app. One of my BI installations has 13x 3.2mp cameras with an i7 4790 and 16 GB of ram and SSD drives and when their is motion on more than 10 of the cameras the system starts to lag and jumps to 100% cpu. This is after setting them down to 1080p and 10 fps. Another installation has 9x 4.1mp cameras with the Hikvision/LTS NVR and it does great, recording at 4.1mp 2688x1520 and 15 fps.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
One of my BI installations has 13x 3.2mp cameras with an i7 4790 and 16 GB of ram and SSD drives and when their is motion on more than 10 of the cameras the system starts to lag and jumps to 100% cpu. This is after setting them down to 1080p and 10 fps. Another installation has 9x 4.1mp cameras with the Hikvision/LTS NVR and it does great, recording at 4.1mp 2688x1520 and 15 fps.
Welcome to the forum. Make sure each camera is set to direct to disk. (I recently logged into a users machine who forgot to set 3 of the 20 cameras to direct to disk which caused high cpu consumption). Also turn on hardware acceleration. You should be at 20 percent with that load and cpu.

CodeSmoke

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't use Direct to Disk since they need the date and time encoded on the recordings. I haven't noticed the Hardware Acceleration setting, I'll see if I can find it.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't use Direct to Disk since they need the date and time encoded on the recordings. I haven't noticed the Hardware Acceleration setting, I'll see if I can find it.
I don't know what kind of cameras you have, but are you sure you can't timestamp it from the camera interface itself? Then it's timestamped before it hits Blue Iris. Not a camera expert but I think it'd be pretty weird if you couldn't. If you find you can do that, what fenderman said will probably fix that whole problem.

CodeSmoke

n3wb
Reaction score
You are right, with the Hikvision/LTS camera I can. My other cameras couldn't, wrong system. I have been use to always having BI do the OSD.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also turn on hardware acceleration.
Did not know about this. My BI setup is now running for months at a time without me having to tinker so I guess I'm not staying up to date with the new stuff. That's awesome. It's in Options > Cameras for anyone else that might have missed it.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are right, with the Hikvision/LTS camera I can. My other cameras couldn't, wrong system. I have been use to always having BI do the OSD.
Cool! Looks like you're in for a fix! Let us know how that goes.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think I have seen a camera that does not have OSD time stamp. Its worth replacing the camera and lowering cpu significantly if that is the case. Also note that if you record to BVR you can add the timestamp on export.

Magnus357

n3wb
Reaction score

This can be done with motion alerts. I'm using DS-7608ni-e2/8p. Under Linkage Methods for the motion alert, at the NVR you need to set "Notify Surveillance Center". In iVMS4500 you need to have Alarms enabled on your NVR. I will say I've struggled with getting this to work remotely. I can get it to work on when I'm on the network, but I haven't totally figured out which ports to forward for remote. I thought I verified it working, but need to follow back up.

Regardless, when Alarms are working, you'll get a push notification for motion. Open the notification on the phone and it opens iVMS4500. From there the alarm will give you an option to Live View that cam or go to the recording. I'm not currently 24/7 recording, just on events, and this works well. If you require 24/7 recording, you may need to also enable event recording, but I don't know.

What really pisses me off is that the alarm I/O doesn't work the same way. I have a high end PIR connected to the camera I/O and can get alerts, but unlike motion alerts, you don't get the option for camera live view or recording. Bummer because I know the app/NVR can do it, but it just doesn't. Looks like I'll just go back to emails as I can get the screen shots on response to my external I/O.