IVMS PC NVR & Mobile App

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am using a HikVision IP camera with the IVMS software. Really love the easy to use software. I have a few questions.

- will other ONVIV IP cameras work on this software? or will it only work with Hikvision Cameras?
- i can't seem to record, i am using an iMac with Windows running on it, I try preformatting the HD< but nothing happns.

Help with be much appreciated :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It will only work with hikvision cameras....
Not sure about the recording issue...

Reaction score
Would you recommend any other software with the same quality, and mobile apps. I do use Blue Iris. I would like something little more professional looking.

I have tried Milestone, but i can't get the cameras working

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Milestone is good, but it 50 dollars PER camera... The 50 dollar per camera license does not even allow recording to nas or two way audio...thats 100 per camera... (there is a free version with a 5 day storage limit)
Personally i think blue iris looks just fine...have you tested BI 4?
Blue iris will require much more resources than ivms or milestone
Axxon next is free up to one TB of storage, which is a lot if you have 8 - 10 cams on motion...
Exacq - same deal as milestone...

Reaction score
Haven't tried BlueIris 4.

The thing i don't like it the screen display for the cameras. Unlike the PC NVR. you can't have like a 4, 8, or 16 view. At the moment i have my driveway camera open in a desktop window. I also get a little confused with the traffic signals, and recording :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can certainly have a 4/8/16 view....in fact you can have a 3/5/7 etc...so you can get maximum screen space..you dont need to open a camera in a desktop window...its just an option for some who wanted to open on a second monitor or for some other reason...i never use it..
You need to read the help file to understand these functions....you dont have to use the traffic signal..you can just uncheck all the boxes under blue iris options>other..
Every software package is going to have a learning curve...so you will need to choose one and spend time with it.