iVMS4500 HD doesn't work. Error Code: 44

thedoc46

n3wb
Reaction score
Another problem today. The software for these hikvisions are really about as unreliable as you can get !

Anyway, on today's menu, I have iVMS4500 HD (which is the iPad version) that doesn't work... I know the camera's are up, (when they decide too ! cos 10% of the time, the web interface doesn't load or I get a failed connection via iVMS 4500 iOS) Anyway outside of the unreliable iPhone version of the app, using exactly the same configuration they're working, so its not the camera's this time... But no luck on the iPad. Error Code 44. So another piece of crap software from crap-vision, that simply doesn't work. So far its been, EZVIZ, HiDNS, DDNS and now iVMS4500 HD none of which has worked from the get-go...

There's certainly some truth to the saying !!! Don't buy Chinese, unless you absolutely have too !

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Another problem today. The software for these hikvisions are really about as unreliable as you can get !

Anyway, on today's menu, I have iVMS4500 HD (which is the iPad version) that doesn't work... I know the camera's are up, (when they decide too ! cos 10% of the time, the web interface doesn't load or I get a failed connection via iVMS 4500 iOS) Anyway outside of the unreliable iPhone version of the app, using exactly the same configuration they're working, so its not the camera's this time... But no luck on the iPad. Error Code 44. So another piece of crap software from crap-vision, that simply doesn't work. So far its been, EZVIZ, HiDNS, DDNS and now iVMS4500 HD none of which has worked from the get-go...

There's certainly some truth to the saying !!! Don't buy Chinese, unless you absolutely have too !
Hikvision makes some of the best cameras on the market today in their price range...they should not even include ezviz, hidns, etc...its not needed. Just use your own ddns service. The things you complain about are minor issues and generally related to either user error or region incompatibility...they dont need to support china region cameras in the US. Not sure whats wrong with the ipad app though...
Alternatively you can spend 700-1500 on other higher end brands, that also make their cameras offshore..

thedoc46

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision makes some of the best cameras on the market today in their price range...they should not even include ezviz, hidns, etc...its not needed. Just use your own ddns service. The things you complain about are minor issues and generally related to either user error or region incompatibility...they dont need to support china region cameras in the US. Not sure whats wrong with the ipad app though...
Alternatively you can spend 700-1500 on other higher end brands, that also make their cameras offshore..
Hardware great !! Software, not so great... Shouldn't include software that simply does not work... Then leave users frustrated. Gives the company a bad rap.

Region incompatibility is something that shouldn't exist. Shows incompetence within.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hardware great !! Software, not so great... Shouldn't include software that simply does not work... Then leave users frustrated. Gives the company a bad rap.

Region incompatibility is something that shouldn't exist. Shows incompetence within.
My point is that it does work. You are simply either not setting it correctly or there is a region issue. Most likely its a setting problem on your end.
As far as region issues, its not incompetence, its done intentionally. Keep in mind that hikvision does not care about its "bad rap" by end users..they dont sell directly to end users...they only sell to distributors who generally on sell to installers.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have iVMS4500 HD (which is the iPad version)... There's certainly some truth to the saying !!! Don't buy Chinese, unless you absolutely have too !
Flip over your iPad and check out what it says on the back. Made in hmmmm.... and you also have an iPhone. So you "don't absolutely have too (sic)" next time, Samsung make a Korean alternative.

Anyway, back on point - a bit more info might help us help you:

1) Does your iPad work when you are on the same network? (iPad connected to wifi router and NVR plugged in?)
2) What NVR do you have? Or are you connecting directly to the cameras?
3) What cameras do you have?
4) iOS version? iVMS-4500 HD version?
5) If web interface only loads 10% of the time then you have an issue there which might be related or not. What cable are you using?

As for the "bad rap" by end users... I blame your retailer for that... but I'm guessing you didn't buy local so you can't ask them for help.

makke

n3wb
Reaction score
I was strugling with the same problem with android app. ...untill I realized, that when using hik-online as ddns-provider, you should 1) choose HiDDNS 2) Domain name = camera's plain name in hiDDNS - WITHOUT "hik-online.com" -part of the address address!!! etc "mycam1" (this is where I was my wrong) and offcourse User/pass has to be your cameras authentication (not HiDDNS -service's auth.) So basicly it was simpple as that. Works great and you can even play recorded files on phone.