IVS and Autotracking on Dahua SD59225U-HNI PTZ

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Setup SmartPlan first. If you are having problems with that then post. Here is a shot of a working setup for me.

You can set different plans for different presets

Attachments

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Setup SmartPlan first. If you are having problems with that then post. Here is a shot of a working setup for me.

You can set different plans for different presets
Im using ivs auto tracking.. how can i get the camera to increase the zoom on on objects being tracked??

DmaxDually

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I really like the SD-59225U-HNI PTZ and I'm going to install two when I build my system. I wish/hope that Dahua will come out with a white camera housing instead of only black. The soffits and trim on my house are white and the black camera will stick out like a sore thumb. I know some people like the intimidation factor. I like the stealth factor. Plus I live in an HOA and want to be as discrete as possible with my security.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I really like the SD-59225U-HNI PTZ and I'm going to install two when I build my system. I wish/hope that Dahua will come out with a white camera housing instead of only black. The soffits and trim on my house are white and the black camera will stick out like a sore thumb. I know some people like the intimidation factor. I like the stealth factor. Plus I live in an HOA and want to be as discrete as possible with my security.
They do have white ones. You do realize most all of the PTZ's are large in size. If you need discrete, you may need to go with something like this:
http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/productDetail/4451
Or
http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/productDetail/16481

DmaxDually

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I know PTZ are large. Stealth was a bad choice of words. Since my soffit, gutters and trim on my house are all white, a white camera body would blend in better against a white back ground than a black one.
I am going to look into the SD6C225U-HNI or SD6C230u

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a white Dahua camera SD-59225U-HN received it some weeks ago and spent every spare day still have all the same problems you mention, I am pretty excited it may track 1 car in 50 however it tracks people some times 1 in 20 perhaps, I have watched as many YOUTUBE videos on Auto Tracking, no way can I believe what I see, they make it so easy. Is there any written instructions that set out how to do AUTO TRACKING step by step? say just a simple one for TRIP WIRE, I really need help.

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a white Dahua camera SD-59225U-HN received it some weeks ago and spent every spare day still have all the same problems you mention, I am pretty excited it may track 1 car in 50 however it tracks people some times 1 in 20 perhaps, I have watched as many YOUTUBE videos on Auto Tracking, no way can I believe what I see, they make it so easy. Is there any written instructions that set out how to do AUTO TRACKING step by step? say just a simple one for TRIP WIRE, I really need help.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score

Share some pictures of what your preset looks like and your settings. I get a good tracking atleast 9/10 times. I get better results using intrusion boxes

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Share some pictures of what your preset looks like and your settings. I get a good tracking atleast 9/10 times. I get better results using intrusion boxes

First I am new to POSTING & don't know how to-insert QUOTE sorry: I am so pleased you sent that setup to me, I will follow your steps very close tomorrow. I have only been placing in the "RULE" only & not been placing in the "TARGET" Can you tell me what the "TARGET" does? Also I am confused if you have to have the "TIMER" going or locked when you edit, or does it not matter if it is running or not, if it does not matter I wonder why have it.? I notice today it will follow me, but when a car goes by it only gives a "KICK" or starts to follow but drops out very quickly, to me it is not "SENSITIVE" enough, I cant find any adjustment for this? Thank you again Chas

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry did I place all those extra Video links, I am over 80 years old and really mucked up that post. If I did really make a mess of that post I will be very embarrassed & re-frame of using Forum again until I learn how to use.

I am really appreciative of the help, if I learn how to POST properly I will come back on tomorrow and let you know how I went with your help. Thank you.
By the way I notice you have 7 main drop down menus on the left column & so does every other Dahua IVS I see on YOUTUBE mine has only 5 Main Menus not 7 is this a problem?, this is on my camera IVS, I have not installed my NVR Dahua 4K 4POE 8Mp 4Chn 4KS2 because when I first did this the camera did not work again, I did a reboot on camera & only working on camera only until I find out how to install the Dahua NVR properly without locking up the Camera.
Chas

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
First I am new to POSTING & don't know how to-insert QUOTE sorry: I am so pleased you sent that setup to me, I will follow your steps very close tomorrow. I have only been placing in the "RULE" only & not been placing in the "TARGET" Can you tell me what the "TARGET" does? Also I am confused if you have to have the "TIMER" going or locked when you edit, or does it not matter if it is running or not, if it does not matter I wonder why have it.? I notice today it will follow me, but when a car goes by it only gives a "KICK" or starts to follow but drops out very quickly, to me it is not "SENSITIVE" enough, I cant find any adjustment for this? Thank you again Chas
target allows you to designate a minimum and maximum object size. as for the tracking you might need to adjust zoom speed and/or the ptz speed

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry did I place all those extra Video links, I am over 80 years old and really mucked up that post. If I did really make a mess of that post I will be very embarrassed & re-frame of using Forum again until I learn how to use.

I am really appreciative of the help, if I learn how to POST properly I will come back on tomorrow and let you know how I went with your help. Thank you.
By the way I notice you have 7 main drop down menus on the left column & so does every other Dahua IVS I see on YOUTUBE mine has only 5 Main Menus not 7 is this a problem?, this is on my camera IVS, I have not installed my NVR Dahua 4K 4POE 8Mp 4Chn 4KS2 because when I first did this the camera did not work again, I did a reboot on camera & only working on camera only until I find out how to install the Dahua NVR properly without locking up the Camera.
Chas
no worries about posts.. maybe post a screen shot of the menu tabs you have

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dear Cameraguy,
I have the camera now AutoTracking, thanks to you, an interesting point when it Zooms in on the subject after tracking for about 10 seconds the video starts to FLASH or could be called FLICK at about 1 or 2 times a second, when zooms back to start all is good, it does it every time it zooms in on Auto Track, but only on AutoTracking, If I manually try different zooms I cant get it to Flicker, any idea? is this a camera problem?

Last edited:

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the camera now AutoTracking, thanks to you, an interesting point when it Zooms in on the subject after tracking for about 10 seconds the video starts to FLASH or could be called FLICK at about 1 or 2 times a second, when zooms back to start all is good, it does it every time it zooms in on Auto Track, but only on AutoTracking, If I manually try different zooms I cant get it to Flicker, any idea? is this a camera problem?
awesome glad it's tracking!!
I get a pulsating effect during tracking.. check out some of my YouTube posts and you can compare

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will look at your YOUTUBE and compare I have now connected my new Dahua 4K 4Poe NVR on this afternoon and to my disappointment I cant setup new plans for IVS AutoTracking from the NVR, however it performs all the settings I set in the camera and also records these Autotrackling.

Is this normal meaning if I need to make a new plan I will have to disconnect the NVR and connect my Camera only to set new rules and then reconnect the NVR to record these new plans.?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I will look at your YOUTUBE and compare I have now connected my new Dahua 4K 4Poe NVR on this afternoon and to my disappointment I cant setup new plans for IVS AutoTracking from the NVR, however it performs all the settings I set in the camera and also records these Autotrackling.

Is this normal meaning if I need to make a new plan I will have to disconnect the NVR and connect my Camera only to set new rules and then reconnect the NVR to record these new plans.?
someone else will have to answer that I don't have an nvr..I use a tower PC and run blue iris.

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is Blue Iris a form of edit software for the Dahua cameras, in other words does it take the place of the software you did the video clip you sent me yesterday of how to do Auto Tracking. Is Blue Iris for me or is it more complicated.

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been searching for your suggestion in seeing my FLICKER or FLASH on Zoom on Autotracking comparing,the flicker with yours, if you have the time can you send me the LINK.

It is so bad on mine if I was to go FRAME by FRAME it would be I guess one black or perhaps 2 black frames, have you got time to send a link that I can compare, thanks again, from Chas

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been searching for your suggestion in seeing my FLICKER or FLASH on Zoom on Autotracking comparing,the flicker with yours, if you have the time can you send me the LINK.

It is so bad on mine if I was to go FRAME by FRAME it would be I guess one black or perhaps 2 black frames, have you got time to send a link that I can compare, thanks again, from Chas