IVS and Autotracking on Dahua SD59225U-HNI PTZ

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for your clip on the flicker, mine is worse, I would send a clip to you but sending video clip as you have just done is beyond my capabilities at the moment, but I must learn how to do it if I want help in future, Thank you again you have been a great help to me in getting Auto-tracking working on the camera, I love it. Chas

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
someone else will have to answer that I don't have an nvr..I use a tower PC and run blue iris.
To be able to adjust all the settings in your camera, Using a computer and a web broswer, you would enter the IP address of the NVR, which is 192.168.1.108. it will ask you to install a plugin, after you install the plugin, go to Setup then registration and you will see this:

In the web browse column, next to the camera you want to change, Click on the Blue E. You can then adjust the settings directly in the camera.

Blue Iris is software you purchase that you would run on a dedicated PC to record your cameras, instead of having an NVR.
I suggest you stick with the NVR for now, until you get the hang of it all. And forget about Blue Iris.
You won't understand it all in one afternoon, it takes time. ;)
Good luck!

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi thank you a great help, I use Firefox Browser on my desktop & it has never recognized the "192.168.1.108" after searching says "cant find"

However I just tried Google Chrome & it did take the IP to the Dahua sign in page admin I placed in my normal PW & it does not move from this sign in page, I then tried admin plus admin Pw the same result. is there a special Pw for this sign in? Seems I have a problem, if you have a clue please reply Thank you again.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Look in the NVR network settings and see what the network address is set to.
The password and user would be the one you setup in the NVR.

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Under NETWORK on NVR says: 192.168.1.108 & next column it says SINGLE NIC, does that look correct.

I notice when I search Via the TOOLBOX & search & there is a little BAR (Just under TYPE = SD & is a light PINK COLOR, I would expect this to be GREEN, any Idea what the PINK bar means, I would immediately think it was bad cable, I am using new CAT5 80 Mtr run with POE.
Thanks Chas

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Under NETWORK on NVR says: 192.168.1.108 & next column it says SINGLE NIC, does that look correct.

I notice when I search Via the TOOLBOX & search & there is a little BAR (Just under TYPE = SD & is a light PINK COLOR, I would expect this to be GREEN, any Idea what the PINK bar means, I would immediately think it was bad cable, I am using new CAT5 80 Mtr run with POE.
Thanks Chas
that's pretty far if it's a cheap cat5 cable for poe in my opinion

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think you are on the right track, is CAT6 or stranded a better choice in your opinion for long runs.?

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I cant record IVS: I thank my friends on the Forum that helped me to Auto-track, I am so happy.

But now:
As I have never been able to record "IVS" I wish to ask the following question:
I go to "MAIN Menu" the second from bottom right is "STORAGE" then I click on "STAR WHEEL PERIOD Icon" & set up the IVS & days I notice I cant alter "SUNDAY" as it is blacked out all the time with a visible TICK. I ignore this Sunday issue and set all other days then click on OK, But it never saves this setup, if I go back in to all my settings again, they are all un-ticked & Sunday is always blanked out.
Is this normal. my Nvr is Dahua NVR4104-P-4Ks2 IU
Can any body help me if this is normal on this NVR? Any help will be most welcome, From Chas

Last edited:

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Share some pictures of what your preset looks like and your settings. I get a good tracking atleast 9/10 times. I get better results using intrusion boxes
It’s good to see you sharing your experiences and being so helpful cameraguy. How much success have you had when it’s dark? To deliver worthwhile results in typical security applications, it would be nice to see your settings track and zoom in well enough to identify a stealthily dressed intruder in the dead of night. If I lived nearby, I would be happy to be a pretend thief.

If Dahua put it back in a new firmware update, I would be very interested to try out a revision of the global setup screen I saw in this thread from last year. But for now it seem to be limited to a single tick box that doesn’t seem to do anything - see my query to you Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ. for which by the way, being said in the nicest way, your response is still outstanding.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
It’s good to see you sharing your experiences and being so helpful cameraguy. How much success have you had when it’s dark? To deliver worthwhile results in typical security applications, it would be nice to see your settings track and zoom in well enough to identify a stealthily dressed intruder in the dead of night. If I lived nearby, I would be happy to be a pretend thief.

If Dahua put it back in a new firmware update, I would be very interested to try out a revision of the global setup screen I saw in this thread from last year. But for now it seem to be limited to a single tick box that doesn’t seem to do anything - see my query to you Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ. for which by the way, being said in the nicest way, your response is still outstanding.
if I had any type of street lights out my way I'm sure starlight would improve identification of intruders. As for tracking cars at night i have turned the tracking off at dark hours.. Headlights wreak havoc.. that being said starlight would help there too.

Chas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I cant record IVS:
Further to my complaint in previous posting of "I CANT IVS RECORD" I am going to try to show you two photos this is my setup of attempting to record IVS Capture, can you see what I am doing wrong.
Photo of 0653 I have the "mouse white curser parked pointing to the day Sunday", it always shows SUNDAY never the actual day, which in this case is Tuesday, is this a fault, I find it impossible to untick Sunday or Unblank it? Can any body help please. Interesting last Sunday it did record IVS, however I have never been lucky again.IMG_0652.JPG IMG_0653.JPG
Chas

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Chas, I don’t have a NVR but it’s similar to the cameras and doesn’t the first of your pictures from yesterday show that IVS (orange) is already selected for every day (7 days) in the week? Referring to the second picture, I think the day ticked in ‘grey’ depends on which day you have selected to edit in the upper picture. This second (lower) picture is only used as a means of editing specific days in the upper picture and whatever you select is thereafter intentionally not saved in this window. Also, you may have confused it by selecting all six periods all for 24 hours on the same day. If you want IVS to be active for all 24 hours then only tick period 1.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
if I had any type of street lights out my way I'm sure starlight would improve identification of intruders. As for tracking cars at night i have turned the tracking off at dark hours.. Headlights wreak havoc.. that being said starlight would help there too.
Cameraguy, thanks for your very prompt responses. As you have found, it is very difficult to capture a recognisable face when you have a broad field of view. Even when using a much closer view preset, I find that although the auto tracking zoom would include sufficient pixels at least for recognition, it then misses the bit you want - the head. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if Dahua could enhance its software by adding a tick box to centre on facial capture when auto tracking with zoom? Better still if Ken Pletzer pulled his finger out and added this feature to Blue Iris.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Cameraguy, thanks for your very prompt responses. As you have found, it is very difficult to capture a recognisable face when you have a broad field of view. Even when using a much closer view preset, I find that although the auto tracking zoom would include sufficient pixels at least for recognition, it then misses the bit you want - the head. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if Dahua could enhance its software by adding a tick box to centre on facial capture when auto tracking with zoom? Better still if Ken Pletzer pulled his finger out and added this feature to Blue Iris.
I imagine if I was able to use starlight mode on that YouTube video you would have clearly seen my face..

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure what 'starlight mode' is. But I decided to find out how to upload a video on to YouTube and couldn't resist trying it out with a bit of auto tracking using my 59225 - one in daylight and then a similar one after dark. I got quite good results, with tracking and zoom delivering facial recognition even when it's dark. I tried many combinations of IR illumination, but the best by far was Smart IR. The camera quickly adjusts near/far illumination and exposure.
It is, however, a shame that even with a near subject (me), good results are not very repeatable, especially when it's dark.
And I'm not sure about which is best - to have the compromise of fixed IR separate from the camera with poor facial exposure and shaky tracking or to suffer severe reflections from rain and fog using the camera's IR.

I also wanted to compare Dahua IVS against BI zone crossing and was hopeful that I could capture and record a single event in BI by both means but I discovered that BI only records one or the other, I think choosing whichever trigger starts first, the result being roughly 50:50 (BI annotates ones from the camera as 'external'). The camera's record is, nevertheless, always stored on its sd card and without knowingly having made a setting for it includes 6 seconds of pre-trigger that strangely is not on the same externally triggered record in BI. (I set BI generated pre-trigger to 1 second).