IVS rules are shown on IE11 live view - how to disable permanently?

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I start IE11 with a 5442 cam, I am always shown the IVS rules. I know how to turn them off in the bottom of the live view. But this doesn't seem to stick. Next time I start IE11, it is back on.

Is this a feature or is there another setting somewhere? The cam is recording to an NVR over network. Is there a setting in the NVR somewhere, that may be forcing this?

My memory tells me that I had to turn them on every time in the past. Now it is the opposite. Thanks for help.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had that setting in the NVR changed back to "off" already. But it doesn't help.
In smartPSS, you are refering to cogwheel top right? That is off too.
I still see the rules when I fire up IE11.
I tried to figure out how to disable it permanently but didn't find the solution and just forget about it. It was not a big deal, I was mildly annoyed when it happen to me the first time. :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I had that setting in the NVR changed back to "off" already. But it doesn't help.
In smartPSS, you are refering to cogwheel top right? That is off too.
I still see the rules when I fire up IE11.
Yep. I think that only turns it off within SmartPSS though. ….

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
one of my PTZ cams started doing the same thing and I could not figure out how to turn it off :smash:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Could be normal. My 4Kt's show the trip wires if I access and view them through the cameras ie interface. I see this as a bonus as it enables me to see what's set up and how they interact with the live picture and objects which is useful.

However, when viewed through a recording or BI, they aren't visible. As you specifically say you see them through IE, it could be the norm give you're not meant to view footage this way.