IVS setup help

Katodude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, I am downloading SmartPSS to play with it. However, I still don't have IVS events being triggered. I seem to have the opposite effect. I am checking the live stream directly from the camera and there are not lines. I have setup a tripwire setting and I believe I have it set right but I cannot get it to trigger.

upload_2017-1-12_13-41-33.png

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
nobody can cross that line.. try vertical one on the door

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I am downloading SmartPSS to play with it. However, I still don't have IVS events being triggered. I seem to have the opposite effect. I am checking the live stream directly from the camera and there are not lines. I have setup a tripwire setting and I believe I have it set right but I cannot get it to trigger.

View attachment 13965
Did you setup the working period?

Katodude

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The default working period is always. I double checked it and saved it again. I drew a bunch of vertical lines up and down the door. I also added a box around the door for Intrusion detection. Also when I go to the Live view on the camera or on PSS I do not see the lines that I have drawn in the IVS. It seems like everyone else sees them in their Live view.
This must be a setting that I am missing somewhere. I have tried this with 2 cameras and the result is the same.

Last edited:

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've not had any luck with the IVS function. I can draw the line using IE (trip wire) yellow line but when I select save the line disappears and is no longer viable on the setup screen or live view.

Software Version2.460.0000.1.R, Build Date: 2016-10-25

Bret_FL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I figured it out, just wasnt clicking the mouse correctly at the end and getting the drawing completed. Now I just have to figure out the target filter min/max settings

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
by default IVS max object is the full frame, when you click on it you'll see a blue outline.. you can either click on that blue outline and resize it smaller, or hit clear and draw a new max size.. then click on min and draw another box somewhere for minimum size.

jabir

n3wb
Reaction score
hi there
im using hik vision 4 channel dvr
problem is that i forget the email witch i register for online
now kindly help me to solve this matter
thanks
reg
jabir

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
You might have better luck posting in the hikvision area.
This thread was specific to Dahua, and read by Dahua users

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, got one browser to work. Have to use IE and not Edge. The icons look the same so I thought i was on it. Then you have to go into windows settings display and not scale and say 100% and it works. Can not get this to work on any Mac browser. You must have Windows.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all,

not wanting to hijack this topic, but I got a related IVS question:
- if a Dahua cam, with IVS features, is connected and configured by a Dahua NVR. If you configure IVS on the NVR, I assume these configurations will be pushed towards the CAM. But then: will the camera send "IVS events" to the NVR, or will the NVR perform the "intelligence" on the image stream or not?
- retake of the previous use case: imagine you connect an ONVIF compatible camera to that same NVR. Can you still configure IVS features for that video stream (like trip wire/line detection/...) ? I understand the camera will 24/7 dump the videostream towards the NVR (whereas in use case 1, the camera might only send "detected video stream").

Who knows how this IVS thing really works?

Thanks!
CM

-- gentle bump of my question

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all,

not wanting to hijack this topic, but I got a related IVS question:
- if a Dahua cam, with IVS features, is connected and configured by a Dahua NVR. If you configure IVS on the NVR, I assume these configurations will be pushed towards the CAM. But then: will the camera send "IVS events" to the NVR, or will the NVR perform the "intelligence" on the image stream or not?
- retake of the previous use case: imagine you connect an ONVIF compatible camera to that same NVR. Can you still configure IVS features for that video stream (like trip wire/line detection/...) ? I understand the camera will 24/7 dump the videostream towards the NVR (whereas in use case 1, the camera might only send "detected video stream").

Who knows how this IVS thing really works?

Thanks!
Hello, gentle bump of this NVR-IVS question. Thank you for your support!

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@catcamstar with dahua cams my nvr pushes the ivs to the cam (can see directly thru the cam web page) but the nvr will let me do ivs with other manufacturers so those must work thru the nvr.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
@catcamstar with dahua cams my nvr pushes the ivs to the cam (can see directly thru the cam web page) but the nvr will let me do ivs with other manufacturers so those must work thru the nvr.
Thanks for your replay @jaycanter !
Unfortunately, with lots of google, I arrive at a 2-1 in favor of IVS-possible-on-NVR-with-non-IVS-camera - you and this guy are positive that is works: New lite H.265 cams release and Tesla Series XVR from dahua however the next poster states it is not possible: New lite H.265 cams release and Tesla Series XVR from dahua
It sounds "logic" that IVS is like "events" passed on from camera to NVR to facilitate "video stream logging", yet if you read the documentation of the NVR52xx, it states: "The NVR provides optional standard intelligence at the edge allowing detecting of multiple object behaviors such as abandoned or missing objects, Trip wire analysis ... counting ... face recognition ... "
Maybe my English is rubbish, but it sounds to me that the NVR (not the cameraside IVS) is doing all these "optional standard" things! Even on a non-IVS camera (eg. standard onvif camera).
Who knows the exact thruth of IVS capabilities with together with a Dahua cam without IVS.
Thanks!

Jannick

n3wb
Reaction score
Dont Really now How it works eather.

But my ip cams has IVS, but my NVR dont have IVS (anymore,after firmware update dont get it NVR4208)
So i cant get the push messages from iDMSS, so has to be the cameras who push the IVS throug the NVR.

Get so many false alarms on motion detection. Should Really never have updatet det NVR. Sucks.