Jamming

Reaction score
Are there any good options out there to help protect against jamming? Unfortunately I live next door to some rather intrusive and sticky fingered neighbors. But I am having issues getting footage.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are there any good options out there to help protect against jamming? Unfortunately I live next door to some rather intrusive and sticky fingered neighbors. But I am having issues getting footage.
Hi @Reichlingjac

I'm 100% agreeing with steve and wittaj ... go wired for your core 24/7 setup, I also toss in a few cloud cameras for the front of the house for mobile alerts and the like ..

everything wired...
cameras, motion sensors, alarm system...
wired cameras recording 24/7

Reaction score
Hi @Reichlingjac

I'm 100% agreeing with steve and wittaj ... go wired for your core 24/7 setup, I also toss in a few cloud cameras for the front of the house for mobile alerts and the like ..
have some. They always end up having blank spots in them. When they are set to record 24/7. And I have 3 of the boavision ip cameras. But they are so sporadic with their human and motion detection it isn’t even funny. One day they work fine, next day it’s false alarm after false alarm. So much to where it’s annoying and i just turn alerts off. Kinda makes me think back to the jamming.. when it gets kicked off WiFi I think it sends an alert saying human detection. But those I’ve literally had to epoxy the bottoms shut and cut the reset button cord off to keep people “taking them over” or I’ll go to look at it and it’ll say wrong password…. When I never changed the password. I’ve got one I still need to put back up; that I’ve cut the quick connector connection point out and soldered and heat shrinked back together.
Pretty sure I’m dealing professional burglars. No matter what I do they still seem to find a way to get around it and scrub their tracks clean. Yes I have an alarm system but the window and door sensors are wireless back to the panel.. useless against jammers.

Reaction score
there’s like 5 different camera systems. Blinks, a zosi wired bnc connector recorder, a zosi wireless recorder. 2 zosi ip cameras that I can’t keep control of.. they’re useless. And the 3 boavision ip cameras… that I’m working on getting Ethernet lines on, but I don’t wanna leave a quick connection point for them to plug into to compromise my router too. But there’s A wireless doorbell camera to the security system panel and another wireless indoor camera to panel as well.
Wireless= f** useless.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are ways to prevent someone from connecting to your router.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You do realize that everything you have is junk and if you have it connected to the internet and router (which it sounds like you do) then it is probably hacked and stuff like changing passwords could even be done from someone nowhere near you messing with you.

Reaction score
Yes thank you. I am aware zosi’s junk. But it’s what I have at the moment. I have a Lorex recorder as well but I only have a few cameras that work with it.
I work in construction not IT; that’s why I’m on here asking for advice/ suggestions. And Yes your right it possibly someone no where near, but things keep being stolen as well. So there’s more of a reason for the hacking; not someone just trying to mess with me.. the hacking is to erase evidence.. I pretty well know who’s doing it. As I can literally hear them talking at times. The problem is obtaining evidence and keeping the evidence Because the police in all reality are lazy and don’t actually investigate anything.

Anyways how do I prevent the hacking… other than resetting the router and changing passwords. Because I do that all the time. It’s a Verizon 6g router… changing passwords alone doesn’t really help.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you know who is doing it, your stuff may be OK to be able to recognize them.

Do you live in city limits or unincorporated area? If in city more than likely they won't do anything sadly.

Do not connect anything to the router. Do not scan QR codes and no port forwarding. If you want to view remotely then VPN into your system.

Reaction score
lol yes Im always armed. That’s another thing that keeps going missing.. ammunition… yes it was inside the house locked in a safe.. how they keep getting in the house let alone into all of stuff is beyond me. It’s pretty bad. And no cops don’t care I called them twice about a year ago now and all I got was call back when you have evidence. As in them on film.. not the aftermath.
They’re good. Like professional pieces of s*** good. Because every noise I hear I go check etc. I’ve been waiting for a year now to catch one of them inside. To exercise the castle doctrine.. I did find a trap door in the floor at one point.. it’s now cement board, heavy layer floor leveler and tiled over now. There was loose blocks in the foundation they’re just pushing in to enter in the crawl space… and it’s tight down there lol. I can go on and on.

but no I’m not in the city.. it’s a half hour to the nearest grocery/hardware store. Wish I could just move, but it’s not in my cards financially at the moment.. hate to admit but it’s true. And at this point… it’s happened so much, I want to get “even” with em. And again it’s so often it literally can’t be anyone else other than next door. Where run right back to “safety”
Your first idea was to jdam? lol I’m onboard 100%

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any chance of an inside job? How would they know how to access the lock of the safe?

SIR VEYOR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Put a few trail cams around inside and out. Nanny cams, go pros, etc.

Hide them behind things, maybe remove a smoke detector and put it in an empty shell.

You need some stuff totally offline, non broadcasting cameras. If they’re hacking the network, stay off it.

Maybe get a second router, hide it in the attic, keep it off the internet and connect a few cameras to it? Then just connected to it with a cable when you need to. They’ll see the wifi signal if you have that on, so make sure it’s off. Then they won’t know to look for it.

look at Alfred with its using old cellular phones to act as a camera.

Get someone to ride in hidden in your truck, then leave with it. So it looks like you’re not home.

SIR VEYOR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Get something to capture/record device IDs in the house. Odds are they are carrying their phones while they’re doing this.

Or you have ghosts…