jpg sync loss

ngcjim

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using a ReoLink IP Camera. Blue Iris captures jpg's and mp4 with what I believe is a sync loss. I have the buffer set to 10 MB and it still occurs. I also have lowered the frame rate to 10 fps. My cpu is not overloaded. At first I thought the camera was not good. But when I run the ReoLink app it does not show these distorted jpgs. In fact I can run ReoLink app and BI simultaneously and Reolink generates good jpgs and mp4 while BI does not.

Has anyone seem this problem before and figured out how to fix this problem?

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Known issue with Reolink and Blueiris; your dropping iframes and you cannot configure the iframe interval so there is little you can do about it..

search

ngcjim

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. The RLC-423 is otherwise a great outdoor camera. It can pan 360 and do optical zoom. Hopefully they will evolve/mature the software.

(FWIW, The Reolink software does conflict with my Fozcam plugin software.)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. The RLC-423 is otherwise a great outdoor camera. It can pan 360 and do optical zoom. Hopefully they will evolve/mature the software.

(FWIW, The Reolink software does conflict with my Fozcam plugin software.)
They explicitly stated in their twitter feed that they will not make this change...then they post here playing dumb....Leave them a negative review on amazon, that is the only way these companies learn. Until then, reolink is not compatible with blue iris despite their FALSE claims. Return the camera if you can. There are much better options from dahua.
Reolink decided not to add iFrame interval because it'll cause issues for "some people".
@Yvonneee

ngcjim

n3wb
Reaction score
I looked at dahua but did not see a better camera with regards to an outdoor camera, with 360 degree pan rotation and optical zoom. Can you recommend an equivalent (I'd also like to see a built in microphone)?
thanks much for the insight.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I looked at dahua but did not see a better camera with regards to an outdoor camera, with 360 degree pan rotation and optical zoom. Can you recommend an equivalent (I'd also like to see a built in microphone)?
thanks much for the insight.
any camera that actually works is a better camera...a manufacturer who refuses to include an iframe interval setting that is found on even the cheapest 50 dollar china cams and then lies about why they are not implementing it should not even be a consideration...dahua has many options..take a look at their website....
Also you likely dont need pan tilt if the camera is being used for security as you are not manning it 24/7....