Just Bought a Huisun DM-RDC227IPT-KS20IC-W1 20X Speed Dome

macgus

n3wb
Reaction score
Just received my DM-RDC227IPT-KS20IC-W1 from Huisun and just finished bench testing it...nice cam. Trying to figure out how I'm going to wire it to where I'm going to mount it. I'll have a 40' run and have bought a 24vdc ps (adjustable) to compensate for the voltage loss. The camera is rated at 3a and 38 watts. Been debating on what size wire to use. Any suggestions?

Attachments

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
No good reason to go under 14ga is there? 18ga is kinda light for 40'.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll have a 40' run and have bought a 24vdc ps (adjustable) to compensate for the voltage loss.
With apologies if you've considered all this already:
Be aware that the voltage drop along the wiring will vary with the load presented by the camera.
When moving, or with IR being turned on and off, the current draw will vary a lot and so will the resultant voltage drop.
You may not be able to achieve a compromise PS voltage setting that would not be too high on light load and not be too low on heavy load.
Certainly would be worth some measurements at the camera end under various conditions to see if you can stay in spec.

macgus

n3wb
Reaction score
I've settled on 14 gauge. I'm also able to get into preset 59 to see the voltage at the camera. Guess this is going to be a work in progress endeavour lol! Thanks for the input.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

macgus

n3wb
Reaction score
... I might want to add that according to Huisun techs., the camera will accept 12, 24 or 48 volts...we'll see.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reaction score
My 20x dome I ran 16 ga @ 15 feet, installed a nice lite-on 12v 5amp to it as i didn't like the one that came with it.

Jats

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone post sample pics of this camera and a link where to buy it ? I don't seem to find too much info about it because everybody is using the 'Mini PTZ'. Is this one worth the higher price ?

Thanks in advance!

macgus

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone post sample pics of this camera and a link where to buy it ? I don't seem to find too much info about it because everybody is using the 'Mini PTZ'. Is this one worth the higher price ?

Thanks in advance!
Jats - get a hold of Coco Cao @ Huisun via Alibaba. She can hook you up. I installed mine in July - no problems. I did buy a 12vdc ps ($16.00) to power it. Ended up running 2-wire 14ga landscaping wire to the camera after adjusting the voltage at the ps supply to 13.2v. and the camera receives 12.1v.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

macgus

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you'd considered a corner mount to take advantage of the > 180Deg pan range.
I did. My main focus was to cover the back yard with the pool area, patio doors and woods. The camera is on the south side of the house. Most of the brutal weather here (upstate NY) comes from the north/west and I wanted to provide as much protection of the cam as possible from the winter elements. Thanks!

- Macgus