Just installed a Hikvision Color Vu very Impressed

camerafool

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Separate IR light sources solve the spider problem and red (white) eyes too. Search Amazon for "IR Illuminators"

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Separate IR light sources solve the spider problem and red (white) eyes too. Search Amazon for "IR Illuminators"
Nothing in the specifications mentioning IR, I did read on the web somewhere that it doesnt see IR but uses the white light leds. IR seems to have no affect on mine and the white led lights seem to have no affect on my Hikvision darkfighter. The two cameras are on the front if the garage no more than 4 feet apart, one facing forward and the other across the front doors

Attachments

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice,
Thats with the onboard white LED's on correct?
The leds are more of a very dim yellowish beam of light but looks super bright on the camera. Great technology.. ill have to get a pic of the led light from the camera

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok so thats NOT the white LED's from the camera. Its an external spot then?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok so thats NOT the white LED's from the camera. Its an external spot then?
Sorry for being confusing..
The cameras leds are the only light there. No external lights. Complete darkness other than the cameras built in leds. I was stating that the leds aren't very bright to the human eye but you see what the camera looks like . I will get a picture of the face of the camera tonight with no other lights

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A pic from my phone of the camera with the light on, a pic with my phone of what the camera is illuminating and what my phone sees with the light on. Lastly what the camera sees

Attachments

Last edited:

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
A pic from my phone of the camera with the light on, a pic with my phone of what the camera is illuminatingand what my phone sees with the light on. Lastly what the camera sees
Yes camera does awesome with the small amount of light produced by the cameras built in led

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First pic is when the sodium flood lamp is on second is when the 20w led flood light comes on. Last one is a phone pic with no lights give you an idea how dark it actually is here

Attachments

Last edited:

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First pic is when the sodium flood lamp is on second is when the 20w led flood light comes on. Last one is a phone pic with no lights give you an idea how dark it actually is here
Do you use Dahua or Hikvision NVR ?
How do you make it work Dahua and Hikvision products?

Toan the Moan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you use Dahua or Hikvision NVR ?
How do you make it work Dahua and Hikvision products?
I initially started with a hikvision system of 8 cameras and a hikvision nvr

I only have the one Dahua camera, they're not as easy to buy as Hikvision here in the UK, I used the Dahua web to set the camera up but view it and record it via 2 generic onvif NVRs with my other 24 cameras. The hikvision nvr I have is only recording the Hikvision cameras.

Last edited: