just installed a new DS-2CD3132F-IWS, but not satisfied with picture quality.

lefjomp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi!

as the topic says, im not pleased with the picture quality on this one, i have several DS-2CD2132F-IS, and the picture quality on these are really good,
A strange thing is that when i change ,i think its called white balance,( i use swedish, not sure about the english word), there are several to choose from like awb1 and flourecent light and more, i can change them but the picture isnt changing, i have tried all of them but nothing happens, on my other cameras i get the different effects from these settings, but nothing happens on this camera.
The picture quality is really pale on this one, im a bit frustrated about it.

Is there different qualitys on these cameras? the black camera house that the lens is attached to inside the dome is plastic on this one, and its made of metal on my other cameras.

the firmware is 5.2.5, same as my other cameras.

any suggestions?

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you select the setting are you saving it and then click on the live preview? There should be a noticeable difference, at least there is with my 2342 turrets

lefjomp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes im saving it, and then the cliking live preview, but nothing changes, it does change on my other cameras, but not his one, what could be wrong? should i try to resett the camera?

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ya give it a reboot. if that doesn't work give it a reset to default. Sounds like a communication error somewhere in there. Do you notice a difference when you try adjusting say the contrast or the sharpness?

lefjomp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes adjusting the contrast and sharpness works, but not the white balance.

lefjomp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Where did u order the cameras from?
Same place as the ones you already have or no?
yes the camera is bought from aliexpress, just like the other ones, but just from another seller.

lefjomp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ya give it a reboot. if that doesn't work give it a reset to default. Sounds like a communication error somewhere in there. Do you notice a difference when you try adjusting say the contrast or the sharpness?

now i have resetted the camera, but with no differance, i still cant change the white balance, is there any other browser exept explorer that works?

lefjomp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It seems like the quality with these cameras are very shifting, i have totally five hikvision cameras, and the 2 latest i bought have not as good picture quality as the first three.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Some sample comparative images might give some helpful pointers.
Especially if the difference might be scene-related (notwithstanding your problems with saving some config items).

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It seems like the quality with these cameras are very shifting, i have totally five hikvision cameras, and the 2 latest i bought have not as good picture quality as the first three.
Is the firmware versions the same on all of the cameras?

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When you say the picture quality is not good do you mean it is out of focus? If so you will have to disassemble it and manually adjust the focus. There is a bit of hot glue holding the lens in place that you will have to heat up and scrape out first. There used to be a tutorial on how to do this but my googlefu is not strong this morning

lefjomp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When you say the picture quality is not good do you mean it is out of focus? If so you will have to disassemble it and manually adjust the focus. There is a bit of hot glue holding the lens in place that you will have to heat up and scrape out first. There used to be a tutorial on how to do this but my googlefu is not strong this morning
no it dont think its that, its almost like it dont have a 3mp lens, just 1 mp max. the image is more pixelated, if that is a word :)

lefjomp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you tried swapping cables. Have you tried swapping POS switch ports?
with cables you mean network cable/cat cable?
and i dont know what POS switch is, sorry.