Just ordered Hikvision DS-2CD2432F

Jim W

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It arrived today and I got working fine already after the usual IP finding and changing routine
Picture looks good and the control panel seems user friendly I'll test out the email and motion detection later

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have one of those, bought stateside. I like it. The thing comes alive with a micro SD. I put a 32 GB Sandisk in it I got for around $15 on Amazon. Accessing remote play is super fast when it comes from the local storage. Also gives you the ability to plug it in anywhere--somewhere without even a network signal, and record. You might end up finding uses for this in the future, and the thing can be fairly well hidden within something if you want. If you get a 64 GB be sure it's confirmed to work first. Networkcameracritic had some compatibility probs with a sandisk 64gb.

Jim W

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't have an SD card about me but I'll get one to try. So it will act as a standalone recording device triggered by the PIR or Motion etc?

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't have an SD card about me but I'll get one to try. So it will act as a standalone recording device triggered by the PIR or Motion etc?
Yeah, I recall but not positive if you have a NAS setup it will go to that first, but absent a NAS the SD functions as a storage device. It can be set to record continuously or on motion. Then play back directly from it. Fairly sure it's not possible to have the camera record to both a NAS and SD at the same time, however.

Jim W

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried a few things and the email only sends to one address and not two like they say and the alarm keeps going off even though I unchecked all the audible alert boxes on alarm

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
is the alarm going off on motion? or constant?

Jim W

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It looks like motion as the emails are pumping through which say what the trigger was-I had to reset it back to default

Jim W

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks like the audible alert was set on HDD failure so it doesn't like the settings for the NAS i put in there although they tested OK