Just saying Hey

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New here and wanted to say hey. I recently purchased and installed Blue Iris which led me here and I'm overwhelmed by all the info. Will take me a while to shift through it all but I thought maybe I would ask a quick question. I see how many here recommend the Hikvision and Dahua cams. Are there any recommendations on where to get them? Anyone know of any safe sellers on Amazon or ebay? I know it's sometimes difficult to know if you are getting a USA version or not so I'm leery to buy there, but if I can save a few bucks I would.

Just a little fyi, I'm looking for some inexpensive cameras I can put outside, poe with good night vision. The more expensive the camera the less I can afford to get right now, but I would like 3 if I could do it for about $100 a camera. Is that possible?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum You can do under 100 per camera on aliexpress, you will not have any warranty or return capability...Also it wil be a china region camera...only you can decide if that is what you want.....Look at the 2332 hikvision turret...also not if the place you are mounting the camera is pitch black at night you will be better served with a 1.3mp camera over a 3mp unless you intend to add additional ir light..

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So when shopping on aliexpress I need to choose cameras that say english firmware?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

NetWorker

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
hi lviperz - welcome to the forum!

I'm new here as well. Prepare for INFORMATION OVERLOAD :D

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I'm currently using a couple of old trendnet (tv-ip512p) cameras with Blue Iris testing things out. Since I like what I see I decided to get my first real camera. I ordered the HK Series Outdoor HD 3MP IP Dome Security Camera 4mm from Nelly's yesterday. So that will become my new front porch camera so my lazy butt can see if someone is actually at the door and it wasn't the stupid cat setting off the automated chime for when someone steps on to the porch. Later I plan to add more around the outside but I'll need to generate some more funds to upgrade the old PC I'm using so it will handle all the cameras.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and having this site full of useful information.