Just throwing a install i did for a friend.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In short I did a install for a friend of a friend after their house was robbed which is the better part of the story compared to what happened during but Ill leave the rest out.

I won't say it was easy but not the hardest thing I have ever done, when I went to look at the house I saw the shitty ass work satellite installers/phone company did just blew my mind. I told him you won't see any wires period unlike the other installers that apparently did work there, for instance one ran coax along the brick up to to where the soffit was then instead of having little pride just pulled the wire out over the gutter and then back to the second floor, put a hole in the wall to make the connection. The phone company on the other hand should have been ashamed of their work considering my father worked for at@t for 42 plus years and cringed when I sent him a picture. He was like WOW they could have done it right since they are paid the same no matter were they are installing or how ever long it took.

Any how I threw this up for him over a weekend which could have been a days work had I had a second pair of hands but I was solo....He is a few pictures of some of the cameras and then some of the views

Everything was from nellys at worked perfect.

Attachments

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice job, but I have one thing to say.. "Bark Yard"? :)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
.. I saw the shitty ass work satellite installers/phone company did just blew my mind. I told him you won't see any wires period unlike the other installers that apparently did work there, for instance one ran coax along the brick up to to where the soffit was then instead of having little pride just pulled the wire out over the gutter and then back to the second floor, put a hole in the wall to make the connection. The phone company on the other hand should have been ashamed of their work considering my father worked for at@t for 42 plus years and cringed when I sent him a picture. He was like WOW they could have done it right since they are paid the same no matter were they are installing or how ever long it took.
Indeed, imho it's a part of reducing head count and then hiring contractors at a fixed per installation cost. The installers learn to take short cuts so they can make enough to pay their bills/feed families.

Seen it done also in various IT areas. I can't believe how abusive this is the American workers who have pride in their quality of work.

Nice setup.

Interesting how a robbery quickly changes people's attitudes about spending money on security.