Keyboard shortcut questions

tec508

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought I had it working last night but today it seems to not be.

I'm trying out Blue Iris before I buy it. It's looking like I will go this route instead of a hardware DVR solution. The one thing I'm trying to accomplish now is having a keyboard shortcut (or shortcuts) to bring a camera up to full screen.

I can get the entire view full screen by triggering (F: Full Screen) and (A: Show all cameras in frame). I need the same thing for each camera.

I set each camera to have a keyboard shortcut in the properties but that simple selects that camera.

Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought I had it working last night but today it seems to not be.

I'm trying out Blue Iris before I buy it. It's looking like I will go this route instead of a hardware DVR solution. The one thing I'm trying to accomplish now is having a keyboard shortcut (or shortcuts) to bring a camera up to full screen.

I can get the entire view full screen by triggering (F: Full Screen) and (A: Show all cameras in frame). I need the same thing for each camera.

I set each camera to have a keyboard shortcut in the properties but that simple selects that camera.

Any ideas?
this will work if you have solo selected camera enabled....curious why you need this? it will be faster to simply double click the camera.

tec508

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm integrating this into my AV. I'll be running the Camera server's monitor feed into a video switcher and I'm sending keyboard commands over RS232 to the server to trigger the grid view or individual camera views. I do this now by sending IR commands to my DVR. I can't figure out a better way to accomplish this.

Thank you for clarifying what that function does. I seem to be having issues with it though. I set a keyboard shortcut to "Solo Select Camera" I tap the key for that camera, and hit the key to solo it, and it comes up. I hit escape and then try to do it for another camera and none of the individual camera keys allow me to select a camera.

tec508

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so it looks like "Solo Selected Camera" keyboard shortcut and right clicking a camera and selecting "Prioritize Selected Camera" are the same thing and its a toggle that's either on or off. That great, so I just need to leave that on. Unfortunately my hot keys that trigger the camera selects sometimes don't work and require the software to be restarted. Anyone know what's going on with that?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so it looks like "Solo Selected Camera" keyboard shortcut and right clicking a camera and selecting "Prioritize Selected Camera" are the same thing and its a toggle that's either on or off. That great, so I just need to leave that on. Unfortunately my hot keys that trigger the camera selects sometimes don't work and require the software to be restarted. Anyone know what's going on with that?

Thanks!
possibly a bug..email support...very few people use them so its unlikely to be noticed..