Language Mismatch.

Reaction score
I updated the firmware of my NVR DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P to version V3.4.90 build 161008, at the moment one of my cameras has stopped working, in the screen of configuration of the camera the alert that I receive is that the language of the same one is not Compatible with the system, this camera I am referring to is a DS-2DC2204IW-DE3 / W that I bought this year in china, so I understood I need to change the language of this camera that is in Chinese to English so that it works again Do you have any solution for my case?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's one of the risks of updating NVR firmware - increased region restrictions imposed by Hikvision.
I have found on the 3.4.90 firmware installed on a 7816N-E2 that the ONVIF camera model selection is no longer giving a Language Mismatch with a pure CN camera.
That may be worth trying.
I'm guessing it's a bug inadvertently introduced. It's not something I'm aware of doing.
The other solution might be to contact the seller and ask if there is any 'hacked to EN' firmware they could supply for the camera.

snovotill

n3wb
Reaction score
Am I correctly understanding from the above that English NVR firmware 3.4.9X does work with both pure English and pure Chinese Hikki cameras, so long as ONVIF protocol is used? If yes, then would someone know whether relay I/O from the cameras can flow through to the NVR via ONVIF?
I actually have a Dahua DHI-NVR4208-4KS2 on the way from China but if the HikVision would work with a mixed batch of cameras, then I wouldn't mind picking one up as well since they're only $130 CAD plus shipping on TaoBao.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Am I correctly understanding from the above that English NVR firmware 3.4.9X does work with both pure English and pure Chinese Hikki cameras, so long as ONVIF protocol is used?
That was my experience on the 7816 / 7616 3.4.91 firmware.
Earlier versions rejected a Chinese 3335 with 'language mismatch' connected as ONVIF, 3.4.91 no longer did this.
I can only guess it was unintentional, and may have been fixed in later versions.
I don't have a way to check, as all my CN cameras are now permanently English.
But the ONVIF connection on a Hikvision camera does limit events to motion only, not the useful intrusion detection and line crossing detection.

snovotill

n3wb
Reaction score
But the ONVIF connection on a Hikvision camera does limit events to motion only, not the useful intrusion detection and line crossing detection.
I just checked the ONVIF output of my DS-2CD2412F-IW camera running latest Chinese firmware which is a more recent build then the US/World firmware. The camera does indeed send ONVIF events for features including intrusion, tampering, relay input, motion etc. The only event it does not send is PIR but if I tie this to relay input then it handily sends PIR as an ONVIF contact-closure alarm. So then it would be the silly NVR's fault for ignoring these messages. I have a Hikki DS-7108N-SN which does a fine job of ignoring Hikvision's own ONVIF messages. My Hik DS-7108N-SN NVR is running latest Chinese 3.0.21 firmware whereas the 7816 NVR would be running 3.4.xx or something like that, so I was hoping for an improvement. We'll see if I fare better with my Dahua DHI-NVR4208-4KS2 when it arrives in a couple of weeks. I hope at least one of the manufacturers can be serious about ONVIF at the receiving end ie NVR. I have to wonder whether they are playing market-ownership protectionist games at our expense, and I'm confident that one day they'll suck it up and make it work, but they won't be the first ...they'll probably come in kicking and screaming after competition from small and hungry NVR vendors starts to heat up in the battle for market share ...sigh. It's not like customers don't want this!

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera does indeed send ONVIF events for features including intrusion, tampering, relay input, motion etc.
You are quite correct, I meant, and should have said 'Hikvision NVR' not 'Hikvision camera'.

snovotill

n3wb
Reaction score
<edit> Well, my English Dahua DHI-NVR4208-4KS2 is able to connect with all of my HikVision cameras via Onvif. Motion Detection and Alarm Inputs work on all of them and Tampering works on some. All have very recent FW. If I configure the cameras to set Alarm-Relay upon Line Crossing or Intrusion then the Dahua is able to pick that up =) Woohoo! My cameras are DS-2CD2412F-IW DS-2CD2525F-IWS DS-2CD6414FWD-C1 DS-2CD6424FWD-C1 DS-2CD3935FWD-IWS. My Hik DS-7108N-SN picks up only the Onvif video streams, not Onvif Alarm relays or Tamper. The Dahua does not pass looooong Onvif passwords to my DS-2CD3935FWD-IWS but the Hik does fine with this. (I had to tftp my Hik NVR tonight because I messed up the password and couldn't find a reset button inside!).

Last edited:

snovotill

n3wb
Reaction score
Earlier versions rejected a Chinese 3335 with 'language mismatch' connected as ONVIF, 3.4.91 no longer did this.
I can only guess it was unintentional, and may have been fixed in later versions.
By George I've got it! Could it be that HikVision was forced to remove the "language mishmatch" feature by the Onvif consortium? After all, if you're gonna display the Onvif logo, you had better be Onvif compliant!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting theory!
It does sound plausible.
maybe there are some members who could check this out, or maybe the Hikvision lurkers could comment.

Mancho4

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD3145F-IS camera.
V5.3.8 build 160108

I try to update it and it won't let me The update file type does not match the camera I suppose it is from the G1 family
Will someone help me, the menu is in Chinese, but the big problem is that I try to connect it to the nvr and it tells me language incompatibility

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD3145F-IS camera.
V5.3.8 build 160108

I try to update it and it won't let me The update file type does not match the camera I suppose it is from the G1 family
Will someone help me, the menu is in Chinese, but the big problem is that I try to connect it to the nvr and it tells me language incompatibility
You might not want to post to multiple old threads. I replied to your other one.

Last edited:

Mancho4

n3wb
Reaction score
in fact the problem in general is that I cannot connect it to the nvr due to language incompatibility