Large Setup

bveatch

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking to see if anyone has experience using BI in an environment with a large number of cameras? I am looking to use it in a 120+ camera setup. I am figuring about 4 or 5 BI servers. The control stations don't need to see all cameras but need an easy way to see a certain selection which will most likely be from multiple BI servers. This is the portion I need to work out. Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am looking to see if anyone has experience using BI in an environment with a large number of cameras? I am looking to use it in a 120+ camera setup. I am figuring about 4 or 5 BI servers. The control stations don't need to see all cameras but need an easy way to see a certain selection which will most likely be from multiple BI servers. This is the portion I need to work out. Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum. BI is not suitable for your needs. You need look at something from exacq or avigilon.

JRVandy

n3wb
Reaction score
Fenderman,
Could you elaborate as to why BI would not work for a large deployment? We have a medium (?) deployment with 24 cameras ranging from 4K to 3MP in resolution and are looking at BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman,
Could you elaborate as to why BI would not work for a large deployment? We have a medium (?) deployment with 24 cameras ranging from 4K to 3MP in resolution and are looking at BI.
Running 5+ servers is inefficient and costly. Would also be issues pulling specific video from multiple servers as the op wants. Maybe after BI releases a client this will be possible.