Last two versions get stuck on triggering

MikeyOnline

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
5.7.7.7 and 5.7.7.8 have both been giving me a problem in that later in the day, it'll eventually stop working where one or a group of cameras will have a permanent orange outline as if it is triggering indefinitely. During that time, those cameras do not detect motion. I have a feeling it is due to a crash with those versions communicating with Codeproject AI since I use AI on all cameras. Anyway, when I go back to 5.7.6.8, the problem goes away and no problem for days. Go forward to one of the previously mentioned newer versions and inevitably I'll encounter the infinite-trigger problem within a day.

Anyone else noticed anything similar?

MikeyOnline

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've now tried every version up through today's 5.7.7.11 and 5.7.7.7 through 5.7.7.11 all have the same bug: give it an hour or so and at least one of my cameras will have "trigger lock" where it never stops recording. The log always indicates "AI timeout" and "AI restarted" around the time it happens. This is a major bug that I hope gets fixed. Going back to 5.7.6.8 always fixes it but that version has a bad habit of just "disappearing" most nights around 8:30pm and thus has to be restarted. It also doesn't help that there are no real release notes for any version: getting tired of trying every (almost daily) version to see if this happens to be one of the "minor bug fixes" that is mentioned but never listed in detail.

Windows 10, nVidia RTX-1080, all current updates installed. Using CodeProject AI 2.1.9 (latest).

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this same problem, Mine keep recording and floods the hard drive.

MikeyOnline

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have this same problem, Mine keep recording and floods the hard drive.
Yeah... if you go back to 5.7.6.8 it'll solve it and never get stuck triggering. The last half dozen versions are just simply unstable.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah... if you go back to 5.7.6.8 it'll solve it and never get stuck triggering. The last half dozen versions are just simply unstable.
Thank I have done this and so far no issues. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I reported and got this email back.

Thanks, attempting to address that now for 5.7.7.13, although the specific issue that PUTS it into this state may still need to be discovered.

Thanks

Ken