Latest available firmware for DS-2CD2332-I china-english version.

scav

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

Two years ago I bought DS-2CD2332-I from aliexpress. As I think it is china version with modified firmware to show english language. (Serial number with CH) Could you tell me what is the latest available firmware to upload to this camera ? My current fw is: V5.2.0 build 140721. Thanks for answer.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As I think it is china version with modified firmware to show english language.
You WILL end up with Chinese menus if you update the firmware. I presume you realise this from what you have described.
It's probably best left alone, unless you want to do a lot of reading and spend some frustrating hours experimenting.

Chinese firmware.
http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/download_more_714.html
EU firmware
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I assume they are very insecure, so I keep them off the internet:
Very sensible, so do I.
However - last time I took a look, and it was a while back now, the cameras were a lot less vulnerable than I expected.
There isn't a standard webserver with known weaknesses, but there is a slightly vulnerable version of Dropbear (SSH server), and the OpenSSL could do with being brought up to date.
Some of the weaknesses were how some sensitive information is not well protected (plain text passwords in configuration files, simple telnet, for example, now fixed), and the use of well-known default credentials, now fixed.
And a debug backdoor with strong authentication may well be uniquely good for a low-cost consumer device.

stefanik

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

Two years ago I bought DS-2CD2332-I from aliexpress. As I think it is china version with modified firmware to show english language. (Serial number with CH) Could you tell me what is the latest available firmware to upload to this camera ? My current fw is: V5.2.0 build 140721. Thanks for answer.
Excuse me, I bought this camera from lightinthebox in 2014 too. I have updated the firmware and now I can't access to the camera via browser. The following error occurs: language mismatch. My camera is CH as yours. Please, if you have the original firmware provided with your camera, could you give me it in order to restore my camera? Thank you very much!

stefanik

n3wb
Reaction score
Check out the 'whoslooking 5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader' sticky, this will fix that problem.
Thank you very much. I go and read what you have indicated. But I have seen, in the sticker of the camera, that the original firmware of my camera was V5.1.6_140412. Can I downgrade to 5.2.5?
Can I ask for another thing? I tried to downgrade the firmware using TFTP (downloaded from hikvision). The first time I used it the program has worked correctly (but I didn't resolve the problem, probly because the firmware was not correct). Now the program does not work, it stops at the beginning "TFTP server [192.0.0.128] initializaed" and does not transmit the firmware to the camera. Do you know why?
Thank you very much!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The first time I used it the program has worked correctly (but I didn't resolve the problem, probly because the firmware was not correct)
Did you use the EN or CN version of the firmware? I think it would need the CN version.
Now the program does not work, it stops at the beginning "TFTP server [192.0.0.128] initializaed" and does not transmit the firmware to the camera. Do you know why?
Using that firmware should not change how the tftp updater works, that's odd.
Are the PC and camera both wired to a switch/router, ie not directly connected, and not via WiFi?
Also worth trying would be to set the PC IP address as 192.168.1.128 to see if it makes any difference.

stefanik

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you use the EN or CN version of the firmware? I think it would need the CN version.

Using that firmware should not change how the tftp updater works, that's odd.
Are the PC and camera both wired to a switch/router, ie not directly connected, and not via WiFi?
Also worth trying would be to set the PC IP address as 192.168.1.128 to see if it makes any difference.
---
Excuse me. I have just tried and TFTP works correctly. I did not disabled my firewall. That was the reason.
Neverthless, I have introdcued both the CN and the EN versions of the firmware in the camera. Version CH does not conclude, that is the TFTP program writes "completed file transmit" but doesn't write the last line "Device [192.0.0.64] system update".

Version EN is introduced correctly, but the error "language mismatch" appears. I can bypass this error inside the DVR but I can't access to the camera via web (the same error appears on the web when I digit the ip address and port and the login page does not appear). So I can't access to the functions of the camera (such as the IR light...). THIS IS THE PROBLEM THAT I SHOULD RESOLVE: TO ACCESS TO THE CAMERA VIA BROWSER, which is no more possible after update.

I have also tried to modify the language of the EN firmware, using HikTools and then to put the modified firmware inside the camera with TFTP. Nothing changes, the error "language mismatch" continues to appear.
What can I do? Please, help me!

Last edited: