Latest BI update 15 October 2019

plomaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I install the new update, it now says "Blue Iris Evaluation Version" on every screen. Wonderful. Version 5.0.4.6.
Also, latest Android App crashes on two of my tablets, version 2.0.66.

I normally don't update the Windows Application until it's fully vetted. I only did it this time because the Android App was having issues. Wonderful. I guess "if it ain't broke, don't break it" is a good saying to go by.

Cor K Dikland

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem as plomaris. Wrote support but given their history I dont expect a response anytime soon. Hopefully they will catch the problem push out a fix.

Reaction score
Add me to the list (of stupid early adopters):
Opened the console today and saw there was an update available. . . Sure, go ahead and install.
Downloaded, installed, restarted the BI service and now I have "Blue Iris Evaluation Version" on all the camera screens, just great.
Funny thing is that the application still knows it is registered, and it remembers that I added my maintenance support key, so how does it think it is running an Evaluation Version ??

I also have contacted support, I have had pretty good luck getting responses in a timely manner in the past. However, if someone else gets a fix first, post it !!

I am wondering (but too apprehensive to try) if deactivating and reactivating the license would fix it?
It appears the cameras are working and recording but that blue banner is more than just annoying, it blocks out the background !

Reaction score
Well that was pretty darn fast !!

I just checked and there was a new update, downloaded and installed and the blue banner is gone.

Anyone with the issue, open the console and check for updates!

Nice!!

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Updated no issues. I wonder what would cause it and others not. Maybe someone can figure it out...

marksj

n3wb
Reaction score
I solved the issue on my system by copying the missing dll from another Windows 10 system

JDinNoVA

n3wb
Reaction score
In my case, I had to download/install the latest version of Visual C++ from Microsoft (2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) - 14.23.27820). After a reboot, BI v5.0.4.7 x64 worked fine. And I had no issues with evaluation version showing up on cameras like ndn6100 mentioned.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Updated no issues. I wonder what would cause it and others not. Maybe someone can figure it out...
Did you go straight to .7? People here originally upgraded to .6 were reporting the DLL and licensing issues.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you go straight to .7? People here originally upgraded to .6 were reporting the DLL and licensing issues.
yes correct. Glad it was quickly fixed. I mentioned it as someone posted the issue arond 8PM but maybe he updated earlier. This would clear up confusion so thanks

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone notice a drop in CPU usage with the new update? I never seen my computer drop below 30% and it is at 15-18% now.

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't believe he used a new library and didn't include it in the updater. My BI was set to autoupdate daily (not anymore). It was OK for a long time until today I noticed I couldn't access it. On the PC I could see that the service was trying to start it periodically but failing. When I tried it manually I got the message like the OP's. I searched my hard drive and found many instances of vcruntime140.dll but not the vcruntime140_1.dll with the underscore. Microsoft couldn't get any more creative in naming files. I found this post and installed the runtime from the link in post #4 in this thread: Latest BI update 15 October 2019
Rebooted the PC and BI is running again.

Duc998

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Millstone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
don't do auto update.

although the .6 release did not give me any issues on my systems.