Latest cam prices from Longse. Can someone explain chip diffrences? *Pic Attached

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Other than the IMX178 chip, these cameras are very close in price.

Can someone help explain differences between these chip sets? pros and cons?

Why have so many chipsets if they are all so close in price?

As a newb its very confusing what camera is best for application - other than just going off megapixel value for quality indicator.

Thank you

lino.jpg

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have not idea why they offer so many options, but it certainly an issue because they rarely update firmware or add new features. Based on my experience IMX178, IMX322 and possibly IMX291 are the only ones worth getting. Avoid cams with 1/3 sensor as they will not be that great at night.

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have not idea why they offer so many options, but it certainly an issue because they rarely update firmware or add new features. Based on my experience IMX178, IMX322 and possibly IMX291 are the only ones worth getting. Avoid cams with 1/3 sensor as they will not be that great at night.

Thanks Klasipca. Helps me narrow down the field of cameras to purchase.

1. What is "starvis" from Sony?
  2. Also, is Longse your budget cam manufacture of choice?
  3. You dont like IMX124?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just purchased a couple of Longse LRDC60S500 @ 5MP 3.6mm and it functions admirably, day and night.

ENiGMA

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
>>Avoid cams with 1/3 sensor as they will not be that great at night.
so which one should I get instead? 1/2.8"? or bigger

strange looking at aliexpress, very few cameras listed with imx178 anymore, does sony not many it anyone or something?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
does sony not many it anyone or something?
Maybe due to the earthquake in Japan a few weeks back that closed a few Sony semifabs that make those sensors, causing a lead-time issue.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Im a little unclear about the POE function of this camera. Did you have to order an add on or is there an rj45 connector?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you have to order an add on
Yes - you do. It consists of a different Ethernet cable pigtail.
Im a little unclear about the POE function of this camera. Did you have to order an add on or is there an rj45 connector?
There is always an RJ45 connector as this is an IP camera.
The Longse/Cantonk cameras solution for the PoE convertor isn't a board inside the camera but a rectangular bump 18mm x 18mm x 85mm in the Ethernet cable pigtail.