Latest new IPC-HDW5231R-ZE IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000018.0.R.210707

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Use this link.
Andy, it gets stuck here.

1626050638993.png

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I just upgraded 2 of my 5231-ze cams, things to note:

1) For both of the cams that I tested this on, the first time I tried the upgrade, it seemed to go through the steps but then within 10-15 seconds it rebooted the cam. On logging on to the cam the firmware was still the old version. So I did it again and this time I saw the upgrade progress bar and the cam updated as expected. No idea why it seemed to not perform the update on the first attempt, can only surmise that maybe it was preparing the cam for the upgrade?
2) Substream 1 and 2 settings are maintained after a restart, on the previous version of the firmware, substream 2 would always be disabled and substream 1 would always be set back to default values.
3) On some versions of the previous firmware the Video Detection option would get re-enabled after a restart which would cause havoc with my IVS rules as it would trigger the cams on any motion. With this version of the firmware the Video Detection setting is also maintain after a restart.

All in all I'm very happy with this version of the firmware and all the bugs that I had previously reported have been fixed :)

Going to leave this running on the 2 cams for a few days before committing to updating my other 5231-ze cams.

EDIT: Forgot to thank Andy for the update :)

Last edited:

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys

This version fixes some bugs, improves the product performance with latest new AI NVR, and strengthens product security on the basis of the last version.

IPC-HDW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HFW5231E-Z/Z5/Z12/ZE/Z5E/Z12E
IPC-HDBW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HDBW5231E-Z/ZE
IPC-HDW4231EM-AS/ASE, IPC-HDBW4231F-AS, IPC-HDBW4231E-AS/ASE , IPC-HFW4231S,IPC-HFW4231E-S/SE.
IPC-HDBW4431F-AS
IPC-HDW4XXX-ASE
IPC-HDW5XX-ZE
IPC-HFW5XXX-ZE
IPC-HFW4239T-ASE
IPC-HDBW4239R-ASE
IPC-HDW5831R-ZE
IPC-HDW5631R-ZE

Andy
Hi Andy! Does this firmware work with the dual-lense Dahua IPCams? Model IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M to be exact?

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have upgraded 3 of my cameras, and they upgraded nicely, but one of the 5231R-ZE won't upgrade, the yellow upgrade line just goes quite fast over, and the firmware does not stick. I have tried a few times and there is a no go.
I have another camera, that is the same camera, and that one upgraded just fine. Two old 5231R-Z and, one wedge camera upgraded nicely.
What could be the issue?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have upgraded 3 of my cameras, and they upgraded nicely, but one of the 5231R-ZE won't upgrade, the yellow upgrade line just goes quite fast over, and the firmware does not stick. I have tried a few times and there is a no go.
I have another camera, that is the same camera, and that one upgraded just fine. Two old 5231R-Z and, one wedge camera upgraded nicely.
What could be the issue?
This procedure has worked for me over many different cams being updated.
1-Reboot the cam
2-Set the cam back to factory defaults
3-Upload new firmware.
4-Set camera back to factory defaults again.
5-Configure an existing cam from scratch, don't import a saved config file.
Is it overkill, maybe, but I've never had any glitches with updating firmware using this method, I did have a few glitches before adapting this method a few yrs ago.
YMMV.

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just updated 18 x 5231R-ZE's last night and all took the new firmware fine on the first attempt. Still have 8 more to do when I can gain access to those other sites.

guho

n3wb
Reaction score
Does this firmware version work on a IP4M 2499E camera, which was previously converted from Amcrest to Dahua? Thanks.

Edit: Against my better judgement I tried this firmware and live preview stopped working. Milestone xProtect no longer connects either. Rolling back to previous recommended version 2.800 15.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Eagle29

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was using latest amcrest firmware. So amcrest to dahua firmware.

Does this firmware version work on a IP4M 2499E camera, which was previously converted from Amcrest to Dahua? Thanks.

Edit: Against my better judgement I tried this firmware and live preview stopped working. Milestone xProtect no longer connects either. Rolling back to previous recommended version 2.800 15.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk