Latest New NVR5xxx-4KS2 General_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000006.1.R.210709

vogeldp

n3wb
Reaction score
Everything looks good no side effects yet and finally the channel name issue has been fixed

cctvtech

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone got a firmware for NVR5216-16P working that does not change the channel names to default on reboot and where notifications actually work? With 210827 channel names are changed but notifications work, With both 2022 ones notifications dont work but channel names arent changed. These are both major bugs.

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone got a firmware for NVR5216-16P working that does not change the channel names to default on reboot and where notifications actually work? With 210827 channel names are changed but notifications work, With both 2022 ones notifications dont work but channel names arent changed. These are both major bugs.
Are you talking about DMSS notifications? Mine work fine with all firmwares including both 2022

cctvtech

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you talking about DMSS notifications? Mine work fine with all firmwares including both 2022
Yes specifically face alerts, stopped working after I upgraded. Had to go back to 2021 and it worked again, but then channel names keep going to default.

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes specifically face alerts, stopped working after I upgraded. Had to go back to 2021 and it worked again, but then channel names keep going to default.
I don’t use face alerts so cannot speak for that. However all my other IVS alerts such as intrusion, tripwire, etc. work fine.

cctvtech

n3wb
Reaction score
I don’t use face alerts so cannot speak for that. However all my other IVS alerts such as intrusion, tripwire, etc. work fine.
Strange thing is its working this time. I tried it again and now all the IVS and Face alerts work. At least with Jan 20, 2022 firmware. Thanks.

EDIT- spoke to soon, Its not reporting all the face events. For some ts recording them as Intelligent event, but not saving as face detection event therefore its not in the AI search and no face alerts to phone. It was working fine in the Aug 27 2021 version.

Last edited:

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Strange thing is its working this time. I tried it again and now all the IVS and Face alerts work. At least with Jan 20, 2022 firmware. Thanks.

EDIT- spoke to soon, Its not reporting all the face events. For some ts recording them as Intelligent event, but not saving as face detection event therefore its not in the AI search and no face alerts to phone. It was working fine in the Aug 27 2021 version.
The last time I had issues with notifications it was due to the Dahua servers being down. They were sending alerts intermittently and delayed sometimes by several minutes to an hour. Your situation may be different. Have you actually gone back to an older firmware and found that it corrects the issue?

cctvtech

n3wb
Reaction score
The last time I had issues with notifications it was due to the Dahua servers being down. They were sending alerts intermittently and delayed sometimes by several minutes to an hour. Your situation may be different. Have you actually gone back to an older firmware and found that it corrects the issue?
Yes older firmware all face notifications work fine, but then the channel names keep changing when the NVR reboots.

EDIT. After tracking the Aug 2021 firmware that ALSO does not register every face event. Never noticed it before. Albeit these are not great face captures as they are far away or . But its strange the Intelligent event is recorded. So thats it, going back to the 2022 as I need the channel names to stop changing to default. Thanks for the assistance.

EDIT2. After a network error the Face/IVS alerts stopped working so went back to Aug 2021 which worked. Went back to 01/2022 and it didnt work. Motion alerts work for all. Face/IVS must use different ports than Motion in the 2022 / Security baseline 2.2 firmware.

Last edited:

xxxlolo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

With the new V4 firmware, did someone lose the email alerts and push notifications?

For me it has to do with the new security baseline firmware but I am not able to get my email alerts working :(

Thanks a lot for your help,

xxxlolo

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys

I recovered push notifications/emails/ntp update by putting 8.8.8.8 as primary DNS in my TCP/IP config.

It makes no sens but if it can help somebody in the future....

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys

I recovered push notifications/emails/ntp update by putting 8.8.8.8 as primary DNS in my TCP/IP config.

It makes no sens but if it can help somebody in the future....
Ok that makes sense. That’s probably why I never lost my notifications. I’ve always had 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 respectively as my primary and secondary DNS servers

exarkun

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Another update, another release notes with nothing real mentioned about the changes:

New Features
Feature Description

None None.
Fixed Bugs
None.
Instructions for New Features
This version enhances material compatibility and fixes some bugs on the basis of the last
version. It does not update the functions. For instructions on product functions, refer to
previously published materials.

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
V4.002.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 29-07-2022 is out too

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone tried either of these two firmwares? If so, any improvement's or new features?

cmos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I loaded the 220608 version. No new features noted and didn't break anything I use. I think it fixed and intermittent issue I had, still waiting to be sure.

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I loaded the 220608 version. No new features noted and didn't break anything I use. I think it fixed and intermittent issue I had, still waiting to be sure.
What was the intermittent issue you were having?

cmos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Very intermittent live view on the attached monitor freezing.