Latest New NVR5xxx-4KS2 General_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000006.1.R.210709

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
No difference :(
When I save, I see "Operation Succeeded" in green.
If I then leave "CAMERA NAME" and go to anything else on the NVR and go back to CAMERA NAME, it is again IPC for all cameras :/

@Wael Are you having the same problem?
Did camera firmware get renamed to IPC too? Can you change name in camera GUI and save it?

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did camera firmware get renamed to IPC too? Can you change name in camera GUI and save it?
The cameraname on the GUI of the webcam is not changed. Also, the name can be changed there, but the name does not get synced with the NVR.This is not a uncommon problem in this thread.
I wish I could downgrade from the latest version (V4.002.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 2022-07-29) to any older version. Did any one succeed with that?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just found out that the NVR5232-4KS2 exists as a V1 and a V2.
It does not say V1 or V2 on my box.
System info does not show it either?
Maybe this is the reason I cannot downgrade?
View attachment 148270
Also, I see two different firmware versions here:
Index of /Dahua/kamerove_systemy/Firmware/NVR5xxx-4KS2_(V2) (asm.cz)/

Could this be the cause? :/
Absolutely, the V1 and V2 are probably different chipsets and firmware for V1 won't work for V2 and vice versa. I am not saying for sure that is the issue, but it is probably the reason.

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Absolutely, the V1 and V2 are probably different chipsets and firmware for V1 won't work for V2 and vice versa. I am not saying for sure that is the issue, but it is probably the reason.
I have read the readme that comes with the images.. Some have support for 1, some have support for both... I tried one that has support for both, but I still cant downgrade. Very annoying..
I have send an email to Dahua, but I expect them not to answer.
Maybe they will make a new version soon... That works. That would be so great..

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No I don’t have this issue. Have you tried changing cam names from the NVR itself?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
This year, but on the box is says manufacturing date April 2021.
Maybe do a Hard reset on NVR and all of the camera with latest firmware to see if that fixes it.

I know it going to be a long task to re-configure all 16 cameras and the NVR. It probably would bored me to death.

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have seen factory reset resolve strange behaviors in the past

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay.. .Well the thing is that I am recording bird cams day and night. A few minutes offline is not a big problem, but the only time I have to fix something that takes longer is in the middle of the night (when the birds are not visiting).
I will have to wait until June then :lmao:, when the nesting season is over.
Thank you for all the help to all of you!

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just want to say that I got it to work. The new thread with how I got it to work here: Link
Wait, I thought your issue was not being able to downgrade the NVR firmware. Unless I missed something, your write up seems to be about updating chinese camera firmware?

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wait, I thought your issue was not being able to downgrade the NVR firmware. Unless I missed something, your write up seems to be about updating chinese camera firmware?
True. I wanted to downgrade only for one reason: Because my camera names were all IPC and I couldn't change it. It was probably going to work with an older version of the NVR firmware (others said so)
Since I found a workaround, I am happy to stay on the very latest version.
In stead of downgrading the NVR, I had to upgrade the cameras (not as straight forward as one would think..)

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
True. I wanted to downgrade only for one reason: Because my camera names were all IPC and I couldn't change it. It was probably going to work with an older version of the NVR firmware (others said so)
Since I found a workaround, I am happy to stay on the very latest version.
In stead of downgrading the NVR, I had to upgrade the cameras (not as straight forward as one would think..)
gotcha, glad you got it working