Latest release performance with Windows 11 Pro

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am on an old release 5 from end of 2022, mainly resisted upgrading due to problems with Deepstack, that is largely not in use anymore. About to switch BI install to Windows 11 Pro machine, wondered if there are any significant drops in CPU usage with later releases, yes I am fully optimised with sub streams and so on. Being a bit lazy here, appreciate any feedback.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was able to pick up a used newer computer to me on ebay, so I run my trusty one with Deepstack and an older BI release like you as the daily and the new one as a backup and to play with CPAI and the other new BI stuff. It is on Win11 Pro and works fine.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was able to pick up a used newer computer to me on ebay, so I run my trusty one with Deepstack and an older BI release like you as the daily and the new one as a backup and to play with CPAI and the other new BI stuff. It is on Win11 Pro and works fine.
Thanks, sounds promising and I know your opinion is money in the bank :thumb: - I have pretty much quit using Deepstack now and essentially just let the cameras motion do the work, just my use case but found deepstack was missing trivial items (wildlife!) which would normally get detected. I did train some Deepstack models but that just put way too much load on the system. I might try the latest release on this new Windows 11 machine while still in testing, before it gets put into proper service as the daily.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm thinkin if the new install is on new hardware with a new OS and a new instance of BI, the older build data might not be seen it as it's own offspring.
but im not certain. just a speculative theory

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have two systems running Blue Iris on Win 11 pro machines, no problems.
Are you finding any particular version/release which is more stable at all, I am on 5.8.8.8 at the moment, no particular reason, just the latest at time of initial install. Noticed a couple of gremlins when objects moves on particular camera, feed freezes then continues. I realise there is 'stable' release available, I also find that feedback from experienced users can sometimes be more stable :thumb:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Feed freezing can be for lots of reasons, usually network related.
I've been running 5.8.8.12 on my home system with no issues'.