laview LV-N9308-W disable DHCP or change the range?

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello i recently got this NVR and it works great connecting to my cams throughout the house.

it is also a wifi router built in and here's the big nuisance! my main router assigns IP in the range of 192.168.1.1 through 254. the LaView router assigns in the strange range of 192.168.254.x. so of course a device that gets 192.168.254.10 wont get internet access.

any idea on how to disable DHCP on the laview router OR have it assign in the range of 192.168.1.xxx?

thanks!

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hello i recently got this NVR and it works great connecting to my cams throughout the house.

it is also a wifi router built in and here's the big nuisance! my main router assigns IP in the range of 192.168.1.1 through 254. the LaView router assigns in the strange range of 192.168.2xx.x. so off course any device that gets 192.168.254.10 wont get internet access.

any idea on how to disable DHCP on the laview router OR have it assign in the range of 192.168.1.xxx?

thanks!
There are many many threads that discuss how these nvr's work with respect to ip address assignments.

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There are many many threads that discuss how these nvr's work with respect to ip address assignments.
what is the key word i should use to search for? or even better, a link?

i did see people having strange IP of 192.168.254.xxx when their devices are plugged into the NVR's port. but my devices such as phones and raspberry pis are connected via wifi. without the laview NVR, my rpis and phones got online fine. once the laview NVR is on, then my rpis and phones wont get online unlesss i manually set the IPs

tung256

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm gonna ask for a refund. this nvr is more trouble than it is worth!
besides the annoying dhcp, there are other quirks that's starting to add up. so much potential but seems there are absolutely no support.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm gonna ask for a refund. this nvr is more trouble than it is worth!
besides the annoying dhcp, there are other quirks that's starting to add up. so much potential but seems there are absolutely no support.
Every NVR you buy will do the same, unless you use an external poe switch.

supe

n3wb
Reaction score
@tung256 the OEM DS-7108NI-E1/V/W/1T FW ver 3.4.80 added the ability to disable the DHCP among other welcome enhancements. However Laview support sucks, I'm still being given the run around trying to return it, so don't expect any support from them.
So unless someone figures out a way to flash the OEM firmware this is really a bad product.

-Supe

KarlW

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you still have your LAView. I can help you out. I have the same system. I have no issues with remote access to the cameras. You have to setup port forwarding on your router to access your NVR, and if you want to access directly to each camera.

it is also a wifi router built in and here's the big nuisance! my main router assigns IP in the range of 192.168.1.1 through 254. the LaView router assigns in the strange range of 192.168.254.x. so of course a device that gets 192.168.254.10 wont get internet access.

thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you still have your LAView. I can help you out. I have the same system. I have no issues with remote access to the cameras. You have to setup port forwarding on your router to access your NVR, and if you want to access directly to each camera.
if you portforward that nvr, it will get hacked.