Laview NVR and Amcrest recording

citronboi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Amcrest IP2M-841 ProHD 1080P wireless camera and a Laview NVR system. I was successfully able to add the camera to the NVR; however, it will not record. I setup up motion detection through the NVR and applied the setting but it will not record for some reason. The ports I used was 27777 which is the HTTP port. I have tried to switch it to the RTSP port set to 1025, but when I do that, the camera feed shows offline and does not display on the NVR. The odd thing is, I have the Uniden doorbell and had the same issue where it would not record on the NVR; it started to record when I set the Server port to 8000. I tried to do the same for the Amcrest, but there is not option for Server port. The only options available is HTTP, HTTPS, RTSP, TCP, and UDP ports. Does anyone have anything else I can try to get this to start recording on my Laview NVR. I feel like I have run out of things to try. Thanks for any input.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Amcrest IP2M-841 ProHD 1080P wireless camera and a Laview NVR system. I was successfully able to add the camera to the NVR; however, it will not record. I setup up motion detection through the NVR and applied the setting but it will not record for some reason. The ports I used was 27777 which is the HTTP port. I have tried to switch it to the RTSP port set to 1025, but when I do that, the camera feed shows offline and does not display on the NVR. The odd thing is, I have the Uniden doorbell and had the same issue where it would not record on the NVR; it started to record when I set the Server port to 8000. I tried to do the same for the Amcrest, but there is not option for Server port. The only options available is HTTP, HTTPS, RTSP, TCP, and UDP ports. Does anyone have anything else I can try to get this to start recording on my Laview NVR. I feel like I have run out of things to try. Thanks for any input.
Welcome and Merry Christmas @citronboi

Remember to refer to the cliff notes.

First determine what appropriate settings of the camera and NVR are. You'll need to sync them. IP, port, user / password. ( rtsp is the key here for the video streaming )

Use VLC on a PC to test and confirm rtsp stream is working.

You'll need to test if the NVR can see that, and you may need to see if you can configure the camera to use ONVIF settings, as well as the NVR.

Normally mixing and matching different OEMs equipment will take some more configuration work.

Please do share what works in the end to solve your setup issues.

citronboi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Mat,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked that rtsp streaming is working through VLC. I also already had ONVIF settings configured on my Laview NVR. Unfortunately it is still not recording. It seems that the motion detection is not being activated even though it shows the grids on the Laview NVR. I determined this because I am able to record footage manually. Oh well, maybe someone who has had the same experience with this particular setup can chime in.