LaView NVR Hikvision firmware - debricking instructions in archive (archive link not working)

marcusd

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings.
This is the second time that my LaView LV-N9808C8E has bricked itself; the first time I followed the instructions linked on this page to unbrick the unit successfully.

LaView NVR Hikvision firmware? (working page that references a link; post by ppp2003 on Mar 29, 2016)
(the non-working link with the instructions)

I was hoping an admin or user could assist me in locating that page (I'm sure that some copy exists somewhere but the link in its current state does not work).

I realize that this is older hardware and I will be eventually migrating to a better solution, but until such time it would be a great asset to have the cameras working.

Thank you for your assistance :)

Last edited:

Umut

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the first time I followed the instructions linked on this page to unbrick the unit successfully.
I'm guessing a bit here - do you recall if the process was to use the Hikvision tftp updater to re-flash the firmware?
If so, the process is something like this :

The tftp updater is here :

And the Hikvision version of the camera appears to be an R2 series, if so, firmware here :

marcusd

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the reply everyone!
I did the TTL Serial connection + TFTP on the previous unbrick (still have the onboard connectors ready to use to unbrick - didn't remove them).
I found this link that shows my board and the process that I used to unbrick (sucessfully!).

edit: the system was failing to load as it encountered an error (resolved by uploading the firmware)
----------<1> tar guir webs ----------
ioctl faild. errno[5]
tar: unexpected EOF
tar: short read

Last edited: