LaView NVR owners, are you receiving notifications on iOS?

sixsevenco

n3wb
Reaction score
A few months ago, I stopped receiving notifications on my iphone from the LaView Net app (it's just a rebranded version of iVMS 4500). I've been having a painfully slow conversation with LaView's support trying to get things working again. They don't seem too interested in helping me. To make a long story short, I've tried numerous ways to get notifications working again, but nothing has been successful...

Until tonight that is... I had a friend come over and we installed the LaView Net app on his android phone. I added my NVR to the app, enabled notifications, and they started almost immediately. I believe whatever notification service LaView is using for iOS is broken.

If you have a LaView NVR, would you mind testing notifications on any iOS and/or Android device that you may have and report back here?

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you ever resolve this? I have never been able to receive alarm on my IOS phone since the day I connected my LaView System.

sixsevenco

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. It LITERALLY took months of persistence and working with LaView "Support". They were always so slow to respond, and sometimes they would stop responding altogether. I kept at it, but I was always polite. I finally told them I would never stop emailing them until this was resolved. They eventually asked me to forward ports on my router so they could access my NVR. As much as I hated opening the ports, I did everything they asked me to do. After trying to configure it remotely, I think they realized there was a problem on their end. They told me notifications would start working in about a day. I had doubts, but sure enough, they did. They never told me what the actual solution was, but they did get it working for me. Do you have access to an android device you can test with? That's were I would start if I was you. That way you know if your NVR is sending notifications at all...

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for replying.

I spent a good deal of time with Laview on the phone to try to figure out why the alarm notifications on the app (IOS) was not working. Eventually they suggested that I send my NVR to them to look at. Since I had just experienced two acts of vandalism on my property, two weeks before purchasing my system, I was not about to give up my NVR that is recording 24/7 video. They offered to send me a new NVR if I paid full price. Then, they offered to reimburse me if the original was defective. I decided against that option and never sent mine back. I still think it's an issue with a setting. I let them have remote access and they still could not figure it out. Simply put, I can't get the LaView Net app (ios) to send me push notification on alarms from my NVR.

I like my Laview System a lot. However, there are some issues that drive me nuts. My work around for the non functional alarms via the app is to get emails. I set up a email address on Gmail just for my system. Then I sent up gmail to forward me the messages (Alarms) via text. Unfortunately the text will not forward the three photos from each camera with each alarm. After I get the text notification I simply go to the gmail account on my phone to look at the pics from the cameras.

I don't use any camera motion or line detection on my 16 channel system. It has 16 alarm inputs. I use PIR and Microwave sensors. When one trips I get an email that forwards to my text. I then look at my email and look at the pics from the cameras that I assign to that alarm. Also, I don't have access to an android to test.

I would love to know if you use the alarm outputs on your NVR. That's a whole other issue for me.

Thanks again!

sixsevenco

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds like you've had a much better experience with their support than me. They basically blew me off until I let them know I wasn't going away...

Are you talking about the physical output terminals on the back? My 8 channel NVR doesn't have those. I use line crossing for my notifications. I used email when the proper notifications weren't working too. It's not nearly as elegant of a solution, however...

Jack Ruby

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah. I have 16 inputs and 4 outputs. I'm still new at this and don't know anything about blue iris.

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but can anyone say what they did to get this working. Funny thing is I have 4 cameras on my NVR, no alerts. No motion, no line crossing alerts. I also have a laview branded doorbell, its not directly hooked to the NVR, its wifi. But I do get motion alerts in my app from the doorbell. I'd really like to get this working.

I also cannot get email to work for notificiations either. (trying to use gmail)

sixsevenco

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but can anyone say what they did to get this working. Funny thing is I have 4 cameras on my NVR, no alerts. No motion, no line crossing alerts. I also have a laview branded doorbell, its not directly hooked to the NVR, its wifi. But I do get motion alerts in my app from the doorbell. I'd really like to get this working.

I also cannot get email to work for notificiations either. (trying to use gmail)
Assuming you have motion alerts set up correctly, do you see alerts registering in the logs? What app(s) are you using? What firmware?