Lazy & careless Amazon driver TWO days in a row

n3wb
Reaction score
Some spike strips near the edge of the grass would be interesting to say the least.
Or you could just report him to Amazon.

n3wb
Reaction score
Easier said than done. Spike strips would be a hell of a lot easier to do.
Not sure what reality you live in where buying and installing spike strips is easier than making a phone call.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure what reality you live in where buying and installing spike strips is easier than making a phone call.
Please provide me with a phone number where I will get actual results. I have complained to Amazon on 3 separate occasions through 3 different avenues and never get a positive result except for a refund which doesn't solve the real issue

n3wb
Reaction score
Please provide me with a phone number where I will get actual results. I have complained to Amazon on 3 separate occasions through 3 different avenues and never get a positive result except for a refund which doesn't solve the real issue
Their customer support number and email. I have never had an issue with getting a resolution to my satisfaction. I am sure if you send them the video they will take corrective action.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was talking to my niece over the weekend.
She worked at the one of the Amazon sorting facilities when she was going to college. She sad this is nothing compared to what goes on in the facility.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Their customer support number and email. I have never had an issue with getting a resolution to my satisfaction. I am sure if you send them the video they will take corrective action.
Once again I have tried that on 3 separate occasions and I still have idiots throwing packages and driving over my lawn. But please tell me how your corrective actions correlate to me seeing the results I request

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Some 1x2, or 1x3, strips and a few handfuls of 2-1/2" deck screws will solve the problem neatly. Maybe pre-drill the holes to avoid splitting the strips. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you'd bear any liability in a case like that, but it sure would be fun!

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You were in the middle of a project but got pulled away from it before it was finished. Not your fault he ran over it. Amazon also now needs to buy you a new one now for running it over. :D

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Some 1x2, or 1x3, strips and a few handfuls of 2-1/2" deck screws will solve the problem neatly. Maybe pre-drill the holes to avoid splitting the strips. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you'd bear any liability in a case like that, but it sure would be fun!
Since they are driving on my private property without my consent I would not be liable for a thing

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you ordered an item, that is consent
I consented to them delivering the item. You are correct. I didn't give them consent to drive over my lawn, damaging my newly seeded grass and to throw the package damaging the item. Amazon should act professionally like USPS, UPS and FedEx, and walk the package to the front door after they park their vehicle on the street. No other delivery service drives onto my private property. Plain and simple its lazy and unprofessional.

n3wb
Reaction score
I consented to them delivering the item. You are correct. I didn't give them consent to drive over my lawn, damaging my newly seeded grass and to throw the package damaging the item. Amazon should act professionally like USPS, UPS and FedEx, and walk the package to the front door after they park their vehicle on the street. No other delivery service drives onto my private property. Plain and simple its lazy and unprofessional.
I am not arguing against that. I am just pointing out that you did in fact consent to them entering your property. I have had all mail carriers pull into my driveway. I have by far had the best luck with amazon too. But by all means, if you want to catch a felony by making a spike strip have at it.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
How would a spike strip be a felonious act? Especially if it's, let's say, six inches or a foot in from the edge of the driveway? If a fence or rock garden were there would that be felonious as well. I'm not a land shark, er, ah, lawyer so I can't say for sure, and given how lawyers can twist the law one never knows. The big trick is to remember it's there and not run over it with the lawn tractor.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am not arguing against that. I am just pointing out that you did in fact consent to them entering your property. I have had all mail carriers pull into my driveway. I have by far had the best luck with amazon too. But by all means, if you want to catch a felony by making a spike strip have at it.
You are ill informed. If their vehicle gets damaged on my property due to their negligence I am not liable. I am not liable at all if I have spike strips on my driveway and they decide to drive over them and deflate their tires. Please keep your ill informed opinions to yourself.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I would put a small fence along the drive right there, just use some t posts that stick up about 18-24"
Once he drags his vehicle across them, there will be marks he has to explain to his boss.

"Lucy, you got some solaining to do"

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
You are ill informed. If their vehicle gets damaged on my property due to their negligence I am not liable. I am not liable at all if I have spike strips on my driveway and they decide to drive over them and deflate their tires. Please keep your ill informed opinions to yourself.
It's you negligence if you leave spike strips across the driveway especially without a warning sign.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately while you may not be criminally liable you would likely have civil liability - though unlikely to ever be pursued unless someone suffers a personal injury. For example in NJ that driver would be considered a business invitee to which you owe the highest duty of care. Amazingly, there is even a duty of care to a trespasser "An owner/occupier of property owes a duty to a trespasser to refrain from acts which willfully injure the trespasser. "
Here are the model jury charges if you have the patience to read it. There is likely something similar in your state.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
In Maryland where I grew up, a wanna-be cat burglar tried to break into an art museum. The intent was to open one of the skylights and come down on a rope. Least competent criminal apparently encountered some problem while opening the skylight, fell through it, and was seriously injured in the landing. Somehow he successfully sued for negligence (though, was also convicted of property damage and attempted break-in).