Lets add another Postal carrier Throwing packages

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These ignorant asses really piss me off just throwing packages. How do these ignorant asses get these jobs in the first place
Mind you my front door is 7feet from the dam gate.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Geez, he really put a lot of effort into that didn't he...

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right. What adds insult to this is i had a second package being delivered by the carrier an hour prior guess what? It was marked delivered but it was never delivered. I suspect the number padding game is taking place mark it delivered so it looks good to amazon

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I came home one day and found a bright green glob of snot on the front step near a package that had been delivered. Check the cams and sure enough it was the driver. Footage was provided to the company and he had his pay docked. I'll see if I can dig out the footage and post will post it.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I came home one day and found a bright green glob of snot on the front step near a package that had been delivered. Check the cams and sure enough it was the driver. Footage was provided to the company and he had his pay docked. I'll see if I can dig out the footage and post will post it.
So you come home and found snot on your stairs and think the company docked him pay for what and told you about his discipline? Lets not forget anytime you hear someone got their pay docked it really hasn't since according to federal EOC laws docking pay is illegal. The only things aloud to be removed from a persons check is SS, federal and local taxes and insurance or other authorized deductions when approved by the employee and in writing. Im not saying i don't believe the snot part not even sure why you would complain about it but they surely did not reveal any results of discipline. If they did I'm sure it was smock up the butt to appease you and make you think the issue was handled.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First they can not have their pay deducted for green snot. Second you failed to see what the state law states also. Here in IL you can not dock pay for damage etc etc. Lets not forget you link only refers to suspensions which is not docking pay. straight from the horses mouth

http://www.dol.gov/whd/overtime/fs17g_salary.htm

Circumstances in Which the Employer May Make Deductions from Pay
Deductions from pay are permissible when an exempt employee: is absent from work for one or more full days for personal reasons other than sickness or disability; for absences of one or more full days due to sickness or disability if the deduction is made in accordance with a bona fide plan, policy or practice of providing compensation for salary lost due to illness; to offset amounts employees receive as jury or witness fees, or for military pay; for penalties imposed in good faith for infractions of safety rules of major significance; or for unpaid disciplinary suspensions of one or more full days imposed in good faith for workplace conduct rule infractions. Also, an employer is not required to pay the full salary in the initial or terminal week of employment, or for weeks in which an exempt employee takes unpaid leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act.

Non exempt and commission based employees can legally have pay 'docked'.
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/legal-limits-pay-docking-unpaid-suspensions-29992.html

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First they can not have their pay deducted for green snot. Second you failed to see what the state law states also. Here in IL you can not dock pay for damage etc etc. Lets not forget you link only refers to suspensions which is not docking pay. straight from the horses mouth

http://www.dol.gov/whd/overtime/fs17g_salary.htm

Circumstances in Which the Employer May Make Deductions from Pay
Deductions from pay are permissible when an exempt employee: is absent from work for one or more full days for personal reasons other than sickness or disability; for absences of one or more full days due to sickness or disability if the deduction is made in accordance with a bona fide plan, policy or practice of providing compensation for salary lost due to illness; to offset amounts employees receive as jury or witness fees, or for military pay; for penalties imposed in good faith for infractions of safety rules of major significance; or for unpaid disciplinary suspensions of one or more full days imposed in good faith for workplace conduct rule infractions. Also, an employer is not required to pay the full salary in the initial or terminal week of employment, or for weeks in which an exempt employee takes unpaid leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act.

Which is why I said 'non exempt'. Did you miss the title of the article I posted?

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which is why I said 'non exempt'.
Never mind you are completely missing the point. Moving on. Suspended without pay and deducting money from a check are to different things. any how I highly doubt someone was in trouble for what the poster stated as green snot it doesnt make any sense

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Never mind you are completely missing the point. Moving on. Suspended without pay and deducting money from a check are to different things. any how I highly doubt someone was in trouble for what the poster stated as green snot it doesnt make any sense
You are reading way too much into the post. Its 100 percent legit..he was told that there was a deduction...who knows what really happened to the employee.

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I should have been a bit more specific, it's New Zealand and here package deliveries are performed by contractors who get paid by the delivery. He would have missed out on only a few dollars.

We complained as no one has the right to come on your property and do that sort of thing in your front door. It's disgusting.

So you come home and found snot on your stairs and think the company docked him pay for what and told you about his discipline? Lets not forget anytime you hear someone got their pay docked it really hasn't since according to federal EOC laws docking pay is illegal. The only things aloud to be removed from a persons check is SS, federal and local taxes and insurance or other authorized deductions when approved by the employee and in writing. Im not saying i don't believe the snot part not even sure why you would complain about it but they surely did not reveal any results of discipline. If they did I'm sure it was smock up the butt to appease you and make you think the issue was handled.

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here's the clip we sent the company. It's not like he damaged anything or or stole something but you'd at least expect someone to treat your property with respect and not leave a green surprise for you to step in when you get home. It landed inside our covered porch area (this reminds me, I really need to get out there and fix that crack).

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Man, I'm an ass - I admit that... But I don't even think I'd go that far as to report AND send a video of a guy clearing his throat and spitting... Kinda a dick move in my opinion.

MacNCheese

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It was actually snot and to spit it somewhere right in someones walk way rather than waiting until you get on the street 5 seconds later is more of a dick move. It wasn't just an ordinary piece of snot. I can imagine what would happen to me if I spat on a customers property at my job.

eddiequeue

n3wb
Reaction score
You'll be happy to know we get the same level of service here in Canada, for reference this toss is about from the 7 foot mark from the door, but who wants to have to go up stairs when you can just throw.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
eddiequeue, did you get the extra loogie service? :)

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It was actually snot and to spit it somewhere right in someones walk way rather than waiting until you get on the street 5 seconds later is more of a dick move. It wasn't just an ordinary piece of snot. I can imagine what would happen to me if I spat on a customers property at my job.
We yanks are obsessed with birth records, y'know...Mac, please check your birth certificate and make SURE yer momma didn't name you 'dick'. ;)

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I didn't see the guy shoot the snot...?

I'm not sure what I would report somebody over something for. I captured this week the first ever theft on a cam. I have a cam monitoring my cube when I'm out and one of the cleaners very clearly stole change from my change dish. About a dollar, yep a whole dollar. I will not mention this to his employer because I don't want him to lose his job over $1. I did put more money in the dish and am excited to see if he repeats this. It's not like the dish was right there in the middle of my cube inviting theft.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
In the dish under the new change, leave him a picture of him stealing the change the first time. You might enjoy the expression on his face more than turning him in.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In the dish under the new change, leave him a picture of him stealing the change the first time. You might enjoy the expression on his face more than turning him in.
Haha, I was actually thinking of rigging my PC up to print an image when it detects movement in that area and send him a pic, but your idea is similar to what others have had--actually it's better. My wife said I should leave a note saying he's welcome to more money, but a picture of him actually stealing it is clever.