Liability Waiver

grendel54

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone make their clients sign any kind of liability waiver? Does anyone have a generic one they can pass my way?

Thanks

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone make their clients sign any kind of liability waiver? Does anyone have a generic one they can pass my way?

Thanks
Since you don’t call out what specifically is the topic that’s being asked. I’ll assume since you’re in the installation forum this has to do with a install?

I can only give you my first hand experience as to some things that are asked to be waived. Specifically the company won’t touch, service, or provide any support for wiring not installed by the same.

Hardware that is maintained by the company shall not be serviced or modified by anyone outside of the same.

No additional devices may be incorporated on to a dedicated line. No firmware is allowed to be loaded into any hardware that is managed & serviced by the same.

All SPD / TVSS must be installed by a licensed electrician and in place where noted in the system.

The usual Act of God clauses and war is called out only because some installations are in FOB sites. But these have different clauses that cover extreme environments.

Any explosive camera systems follow different coverage because it’s impossible to say Im going to cover this camera when a bunker buster comes through 30 stories!

SLA’s are called out for high security / high risk. A tech isn’t coming in 24 hours when there’s a fire fight. A tech isn’t coming when the road is no longer there and we need to come via parachute. A tech isn’t coming on site when the rods in a nuclear reactor is coming out.

A tech isn’t coming when you moved the FOB in the middle of the desert and you tell us it’s next to the three camels!