License on Multiple Computers

chadman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have a couple questions about how the license key works. Can I use it on multiple computers at the same house or do you require a key for each computer.

I have a computer that will run as a server to run Blue Iris. If I also run Blue Iris on a second computer would it work to let me view and see videos from the server I have running? I'm not really sure if this software would even work with 2 instances running on the same network, but was wondering. I would prefer to view on one computer, but have the headless system do all the work.

Chad

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
per machine, you'd need a 2nd license..

someone on the forums has a custom UI Webpage modification, you should investigate that before considering a 2nd license.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have a couple questions about how the license key works. Can I use it on multiple computers at the same house or do you require a key for each computer.

I have a computer that will run as a server to run Blue Iris. If I also run Blue Iris on a second computer would it work to let me view and see videos from the server I have running? I'm not really sure if this software would even work with 2 instances running on the same network, but was wondering. I would prefer to view on one computer, but have the headless system do all the work.

Chad
Blue iris has a built in webserver no need for a second license. There is not need to run a second instance. It would cause issues with the database if both instances were accessing the same video folder. At some point there will be a client developed. If you want a second instance the developer will sell it to you for 30 dollars as explained in the help file.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
per machine, you'd need a 2nd license..

someone on the forums has a custom UI Webpage modification, you should investigate that before considering a 2nd license.
That would be bp2008's "Better remote-live-view pages for Blue Iris." Install it as per these instructions and then make certain that you use the ui2.htm page as your viewer.

1) Download Better remote-live-view pages for Blue Iris ("BRLV")

2) Extract the archive to a local folder

3) Copy all of the extracted files from the extraction folder into the Blue Iris "www" folder (located at C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\www on most machines)

4) The copy may require administrative privileges

5) Overwrite existing files if prompted

6) Set up a new User and Password in Blue Iris Options > Users > Add

7) Log into BRLV by navigating to your Blue Iris/BRVL "ui2.htm" page (e.g. 192.168.1.50/ui2.htm where the .50 address is the IP address of your Blue Iris server)

chadman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks, I will check that out first and see how it looks. I did buy the Apple and Android version, but have not had a chance to use them yet. I'm hopping the Apple version works good on an Ipad.

chadman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That would be bp2008's "Better remote-live-view pages for Blue Iris." Install it as per these instructions and then make certain that you use the ui2.htm page as your viewer.

1) Download Better remote-live-view pages for Blue Iris ("BRLV")

2) Extract the archive to a local folder

3) Copy all of the extracted files from the extraction folder into the Blue Iris "www" folder (located at C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\www on most machines)

4) The copy may require administrative privileges

5) Overwrite existing files if prompted

6) Set up a new User and Password in Blue Iris Options > Users > Add

7) Log into BRLV by navigating to your Blue Iris/BRVL "ui2.htm" page (e.g. 192.168.1.50/ui2.htm where the .50 address is the IP address of your Blue Iris server)

Wow, that web interface works great! I also tried the Java app and the video quality on that is perfect.