License Problem

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Today I decided to migrate my Blue Iris, which has been running off of an old Dell Precision Laptop since 2019, to a proper rack mount Poweredge. It has been on version 5. I exported the settings, and unregistered the server and installed BI on the new server. Then it asked for the license code.

I searched my email high and low and couldn't find a single email from blue Iris with my order ID. I vaguely remember purchasing a full license using PayPal, and looked there finding that the transaction took place on June 8th, 2019 and was under the name "MyCommerce" and indicated in the notes their phone number and that it was for a Full Blue Iris license. I'm pretty sure I bought it off the IPCam store... But even after logging in... No record of the order.

Calling and emailing MyCommerce even after providing a scanned print of the PayPal transaction resulted in nothing except the support maintenance purchase I made at the beginning of this year. They could find no other transaction.

I emailed blue Iris support but have not heard anything back yet either.

If I am able to do a system restore on the old server, would that put the license back on there and I can find some other means to extract it?

I’m not sure what to do because I have a clear bank record and PayPal transaction showing the purchase, but can’t find the damn order number anywhere!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If I am able to do a system restore on the old server, would that put the license back on there and I can find some other means to extract it?
Go to BI's Settings=>About => Email Support (button in lower right corner).
That will copy your info to the clipboard.
Open Notepad, etc. then <CONTROL> V to paste it.
Your License Number should be near your name.
Name then save that .TXT file where you can find it! :cool:

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Go to BI's Settings=>About => Email Support (button in lower right corner).
That will copy your info to the clipboard.
Open Notepad, etc. then <CONTROL> V to paste it.
Your License Number should be near your name.
Name then save that .TXT file where you can find it! :cool:
I already removed the license from the old server (hit the deactivate license from this server). Isn't it gone at this point? Also System Restores don't happen on Windows Server 2016... so there's no restore option.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You should have received an email at the time of purchase with license info.

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You should have received an email at the time of purchase with license info.
That is what i'm saying I can't find it. I can only find my paypal transaction. I looked. I'm pretty sure I purchased a 4 License and then it was upgraded to 5. I deleted a whole bunch of old e-mail. The only other thing is I may have registered it under a completely different e-mail (doubtful), but I can no longer access that e-mail anyways as it was tied to a company I no longer work for. I have the reg file back from 6/10/2019 when the server was upgraded from version 4 to 5 and some other backups, but other than that and the paypal transaction and the bank statement... I can't find any other record.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is what i'm saying I can't find it. I can only find my paypal transaction. I looked. I'm pretty sure I purchased a 4 License and then it was upgraded to 5. I deleted a whole bunch of old e-mail. The only other thing is I may have registered it under a completely different e-mail (doubtful), but I can no longer access that e-mail anyways as it was tied to a company I no longer work for. I have the reg file back from 6/10/2019 when the server was upgraded from version 4 to 5 and some other backups, but other than that and the paypal transaction and the bank statement... I can't find any other record.
Well then you have to buy a new license. Considering that the cost for getting the latest updates is 30-35 dollars, getting a new license for 60 bux is not too bad.

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well then you have to buy a new license. Considering that the cost for getting the latest updates is 30-35 dollars, getting a new license for 60 bux is not too bad.
I already purchased a maintenance license this past January. Isn't there someway to lookup my old license from the maintenance license I purchased? I mean i get we're talking 60 bucks.... but I already purchased, have proof of the purchase (just not the order ID), and re-purchased the support plan license for updates in January of 2021

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I already purchased a maintenance license this past January. Isn't there someway to lookup my old license from the maintenance license I purchased? I mean i get we're talking 60 bucks.... but I already purchased, have proof of the purchase (just not the order ID), and re-purchased the support plan license for updates in January of 2021
You will have to wait for support to get back to you.

Azman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you bought it through this forum then you can go to "STORE" at the tope of the webpage and then select "MY SERIALS" it will list all your serial keys there.

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you bought it through this forum then you can go to "STORE" at the tope of the webpage and then select "MY SERIALS" it will list all your serial keys there.
I looked... not there. I was wondering if it maybe it's too old somehow it's lost? My original purchase was a version 4 license.

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So... I think I did purchase it on ipcamstore... but did it by clicking the login through google account, and then later joined the ipcamtalk from, and somehow i got a duplicate account, because I can't seem to associate the two as it says the e-mail address already exists when I try to do it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So... I think I did purchase it on ipcamstore... but did it by clicking the login through google account, and then later joined the ipcamtalk from, and somehow i got a duplicate account, because I can't seem to associate the two as it says the e-mail address already exists when I try to do it.
The original purchase from mycommerce could not have been from the IPCT store as it does not use mycommerce. That would have been directly from the blue iris website and would have been BI4 because BI5 was not available until 2020. At that point you likely upgraded to BI5 though mycommerce again because the cost was only 30-35 dollars vs buying a new license.

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The original purchase from mycommerce could not have been from the IPCT store as it does not use mycommerce. That would have been directly from the blue iris website and would have been BI4 because BI5 was not available until 2020. At that point you likely upgraded to BI5 though mycommerce again because the cost was only 30-35 dollars vs buying a new license.
Thanks for the help. The Blue Iris Support team was able to locate the license and send it over which I've now saved a copy of that e-mail for future reference! Good to go! Thanks for the assist!