License unrecognized after Windows 10 update

wingerr

n3wb
Reaction score
Had Blue Iris 4 loaded and running for a long while, and allowed a Windows 10 update to go forth, selecting update and restart. After the long process was completed, when starting up Blue Iris it inexplicably showed the Welcome! screen, thanking you for installing Blue Iris, and saying there is 15 days to evaluate this product, with Number of days remaining being zero.

It apparently cleared out the stored license information, so it's now disabled.
I have Blue Iris 3 still working, so I've gone back to running that, but it doesn't work with the Amcrest IP cameras, which was the primary reason I went and purchased BI4.
I had backups of the settings, but it doesn't go beyond the splash screen so I couldn't see if that would be able to restore operation.
Has this been a common issue with updates? This is why I tend to be wary of updates when it runs fine-
should have stuck with my usual "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" syndrome

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Had Blue Iris 4 loaded and running for a long while, and allowed a Windows 10 update to go forth, selecting update and restart. After the long process was completed, when starting up Blue Iris it inexplicably showed the Welcome! screen, thanking you for installing Blue Iris, and saying there is 15 days to evaluate this product, with Number of days remaining being zero.

I have Blue Iris 3 still working, so I've gone back to running that, but it doesn't work with the Amcrest IP cameras, which was the primary reason I went and purchased BI4.
I had backups of the settings, but it doesn't go beyond the splash screen so I couldn't see if that would be able to restore operation.
Has this been a common issue with updates? This is why I tend to be wary of updates when it runs fine-
I think you mean, this is why I should store my license key.
it is not a common issue.
find your key...blue iris 3 is way outdated both security and feature wise...or pay 30 dollars to upgrade again. lesson learned.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

No, this is not common at all.
Print license key on a label, affix label to BI computer.