Light Streaks

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Took the lens off and i did find circular swirls marks/scratches on the outside of the dome.
These are microscopic swirls as if you would see on a car after waxing it...
not noticeable, but when you hold the lens at the sky sideways, you do see them.
I did clean the inside of the dome and did not see much of any dirt , dust.

going to see what it looks like in couple of ours with darkness. i'm sure i will swap this out with a new one.
May as well leave the dome off to see what happens first.

wxjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It has to be those swirls... I don't know why engineers would design a camera with a crappy plastic dome. It does not make sense. I believe most of it is from swirls.. they must be amplifying it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Domes are a problem. Not sure why so many "pros" still install them. I suppose its the 'security" of the physical camera, but that argument fades quickly. Inside on celings like you see them in countless stores/buildings I think its just an aesthetic thing so the sheeple dont realize its a camera.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
It has to be those swirls... I don't know why engineers would design a camera with a crappy plastic dome. It does not make sense. I believe most of it is from swirls.. they must be amplifying it.
Now you know to get a turret cam unless you have an area protected from direct UV exposure.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well not much to say..

As they say.... it's all in the picture. It cleared up. So now the question is... Could it be the Dome itself and the swirls?

With Dome
View attachment 56175

With out Dome
View attachment 56176
This is exactly why for the most part we don't recommend domes outdoors. It will get worse as it ages.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This is exactly why for the most part we don't recommend domes outdoors. It will get worse as it ages.
As I mentioned back on page one....

I would say this... did you just install it and did you just notice it? I would recommend against any dome cameras for use outdoors and in dim conditions.