Limiting Users to camera groups broken after update?

Sean313

n3wb
Reaction score
My BI machine just updated to 4.5.3.3 yesterday and I have several camera groups with certain users only having access to certain groups (shared family system, each user has access to his/her own homes cameras). After the update everyone can see all the camera groups regardless of restriction. I went in and double checked cameras are assigned to the correct groups and that users are limited to the correct camera groups. Is there anything I am missing or is this just a bad update? Should I contact support?

Thanks in advance!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My BI machine just updated to 4.5.3.3 yesterday and I have several camera groups with certain users only having access to certain groups (shared family system, each user has access to his/her own homes cameras). After the update everyone can see all the camera groups regardless of restriction. I went in and double checked cameras are assigned to the correct groups and that users are limited to the correct camera groups. Is there anything I am missing or is this just a bad update? Should I contact support?

Thanks in advance!
There is another thread discussing the issue...its a bad update..I cannot stress this enough..disable auto updates!
revert back by installing an older update file..

Great

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
same problem for me, i reverted to a earlier version, and now it works fine.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From what I can see it's fixed in 4.5.3.4 now

Great

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep, just installed it, and it works now.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed it and while it fixed that I started having other connection problems (app not connecting, etc). Went back to a prev version. If I had more time right now I'd document and send to Ken

Great

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hmm, funny thing, after about maybe 3 hours with 4.5.3.4 it stopped working, cant connect from either app or web.
Did a revert to 4.5.3.2 and hope it works

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
4.5.3.2 works great for me. I don't update often anymore, just happened to get caught by this bad one this time.