line crossing was triggered, but no video was stored on NAS

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a problem with my Hikvision cam. I have a Synology NVR1218, added the cameras to Surveillance Station, but do the detections in the camera.

I set up motion detection and Line Crossing detection. In the camera motion detection triggers the surveillance center and saves to SD card, line crossing detection sends mail, triggers surveillance center and saves to SD card.
Both trigger the only channel that is there.

I tested the camera and I got a mail, line crossing was triggered.
But the Synology NVR did not save a video. A video was saved on the SD card, which is bad quality on purpose.

Why did the NVR not save a video?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This will be down to the camera model coding within Synology Surveillance Station, presumably only supporting 'motion detection' notifications to create recording actions.

When you configure recording actions in SS, what choice of notification types are available?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a problem with my Hikvision cam. I have a Synology NVR1218, added the cameras to Surveillance Station, but do the detections in the camera.

I set up motion detection and Line Crossing detection. In the camera motion detection triggers the surveillance center and saves to SD card, line crossing detection sends mail, triggers surveillance center and saves to SD card.
Both trigger the only channel that is there.

I tested the camera and I got a mail, line crossing was triggered.
But the Synology NVR did not save a video. A video was saved on the SD card, which is bad quality on purpose.

Hi Rotation,

This is why we recommend using NVRs from the same OEM which support the more advanced features.

The Hikvision camera probably is not properly communicating this info to the Surveillance station, as it is probably not yet covered by any ONVIF specs.

The other option is to have the NAS or the VMS do the more advanced calculations, not the camera.

This is a reason why Blue Iris is very popular here, it does these calculations on the PC and thus you can combine it with a number of different cameras.