Line Detection vs Intrusion Detection

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get a fair share of false alarms emailed to me due to a lot of shadows at my place.

I don't know how the intrusion detection works, does it trigger when you enter the box? Will it be a slightly better method of detection?

I've tried letting Surveillance Station do the triggering but it seems worse.

Thanks in advance.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know how the intrusion detection works, does it trigger when you enter the box?
From the Help page on the Hikvision NVR:
Intrusion Detection
Purpose:
Intrusion detection function detects people, vehicle or other objects which enter and loiter in a pre-defined virtual region, and some certain actions can be taken when the alarm is triggered.
Steps:
  1. Enter the Intrusion Detection settings interface: Configuration> Event > Smart Event> Intrusion Detection.
  2. Check the checkbox of Enable Intrusion Detection to enable the function.
  3. Select the region from the drop-down list for detection settings.
  4. Click the Draw Area button to start the region drawing.
  5. Click on the live video to specify the four vertexes of the detection region, and right click to complete drawing.
  6. Set the time threshold, detection sensitivity and object percentage for intrusion detection.
    Threshold: The threshold for the time of the object loitering in the region. If you set the value as 0, alarm is triggered immediately after the object entering the region.
    Sensitivity: The value of the sensitivity defines the size of the object which can trigger the alarm. When the sensitivity is high, a very small object can trigger the alarm.
    Percentage: Percentage defines the ratio of the in-region part of the object which can trigger the alarm. For example, if the percentage is set as 50%, when the object enters the region and occupies half of the whole region, the alarm is triggered.
  7. Repeat the above steps to configure other regions. Up to 4 regions can be set. You can click the Clear button to clear all pre-defined regions.
  8. Click the Edit button to set the arming schedule.
  9. Select the linkage methods for intrusion detection, including Notify Surveillance Center, Send Email, Full Screen Monitoring, Trigger Channel and Trigger Alarm Output.
  10. Click Save to save the settings.