Linksys LGS116p

chris70cuda

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought a Linksys LGS116P a while ago and Linksys wont accept the return even though it is a Lifetime warrant without a receipt. The unit will not power on. Wish I would have had the receipt. Any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought a Linksys LGS116P a while ago and Linksys wont accept the return even though it is a Lifetime warrant without a receipt. The unit will not power on. Wish I would have had the receipt. Any suggestions?
where did you buy it from? these things are likely purchased online, search your email for the model number...
leave a 1 star amazon review...sometimes they respond to those...

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As @tangent suggested, I'd test the power supply with meter; it should be about 54 VDC. If it reads good with no load, try a 500 mA load across it, like a 100 ohm 10 watt resistor QUICKLY, as that size resistor will get hot quick (1/2 amp @ 54volts is a 27 watt load). The supply is rated at over 1 amp so 1/2 amp should be no problem. If it drops below 50 volts I'd say it's bad.

If Linksys won't respond or balks at their 'lifetime' warranty, I go along with @fenderman 's suggestion about a 1star review on amazon or the retailer's site. Below is a screen shot of that warranty you referred to, found ==>> here.

LGS116P.jpg