Live preview wrong stream?

Reaction score
Running a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A/ and 7 Hikvision cameras. This is a new installation, which I have been very satisfied with. Now when I tried to set the event areas I ran into a weird problem:

No matter what camera I log in to (via the virtual server link in the nvr gui), the live preview is always the same?! I mean the other info is accurate (camera name, etc. etc.), but the live preview and also the screen showing the stream for drawing the event area, is always from one camera (presumably the first one).

Running fw 251215 (yeah, quite old), but I really hate to upgrade, because there has been all kinds of problems reported on this forum also...)

Wtf?

Is this a network problem or what? I originally set the virtual server on, because the nvr is in a really "non accessible place" so hooking up with a ethernet cable is very complicated. here's my network config:

4G modem/router/access point as 192.168.8.1 -> NVR 192.168.8.2 (virtual server on). Cameras get the following ip:s 192.168.254.4 ->

I connect to the access point with wifi (and get a suitable dhcp ip) and log into the NVR. Everything works as expected exept the preview stream.

All help highly appreciated :)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
No matter what camera I log in to (via the virtual server link in the nvr gui), the live preview is always the same?! I mean the other info is accurate (camera name, etc. etc.), but the live preview and also the screen showing the stream for drawing the event area, is always from one camera (presumably the first one).
I don't really follow what you mean here.
A couple of screenshots would make it clearer.

Reaction score
I don't really follow what you mean here.
A couple of screenshots would make it clearer.
Sorry, can't get the screenies right now. I'll try to explain in detail:

1. I log into the NVR. I go to camera management. I click on the link that leads me to that particular cameras login page (I have the Virtual server option enabled). I login into the camera. In the live preview windows the stream is *from another camera*, although all the other info/settings is valid (as it should). This happens with all the cameras. No matter what camera I log into, the live stream is from one particular camera connected to the same NVR. So, for some really strange reason the live preview displays always the same stream from one particular camera reagardless if the camera I log into. Note: the stream that is actually recorded/viewed from for example the iVMS-4500 works as it should. I'm really stumped here.

I hope this explanation makes sense, because the situation really does not :D

Reaction score
Sorry, can't get the screenies right now. I'll try to explain in detail:

1. I log into the NVR. I go to camera management. I click on the link that leads me to that particular cameras login page (I have the Virtual server option enabled). I login into the camera. In the live preview windows the stream is *from another camera*, although all the other info/settings is valid (as it should). This happens with all the cameras. No matter what camera I log into, the live stream is from one particular camera connected to the same NVR. So, for some really strange reason the live preview displays always the same stream from one particular camera reagardless if the camera I log into. Note: the stream that is actually recorded/viewed from for example the iVMS-4500 works as it should. I'm really stumped here.

I hope this explanation makes sense, because the situation really does not :D

Ok, I'll drive to the facility and take some screenies :)

Reaction score
OK, here goes, although this is really hard to explain anyway...

Here are all the cameras and as you can see the Virtual server is enabled (there are direct links to the cameras):

I click the second lowest camera in the list and get to the camera login page and I log in:

I then see the live preview page, but the live preview stream is from an another camera!!!! I'm logged into the correct camera. In this case I'm logged into a camera *outside the airdome*, but the live preview shows the stream from a camera inside the air dome (as you can see). This applies to all my 7 cameras: the live preview is always from one particular camera (the one inside the airdome).

I'm sorry, I really cannot explain this any better. This situation is really wicked. Some network setting in the cameras that "floods" the whole lan with the stream from one particular camera?

And like I said: the problem only applies to the browser/web components. With iVMS-4500 everything is ok.

Btw, I'm not crazy. At least yet :)

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried using the client app iVMS-4200 to connect to the NVR? It would be useful to see if that does the same thing. I found the live view via web interface was very glitchy but that was on a mac.

Reaction score
Hi. It actually seems that a reboot solved the issue. Really wicked :) Now I was able to see the correct live stream from all cameras! Thank you all for your help :)