Live stream playing fast.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a ipcam ptz with a strange problem. while viewing live in the webbrowser or iphone app or using the rstp for vlc. it plays as though it is 1x times speeded up so basically cars peoples all motion is sligthly faster than it should be at normal speed. i have rebooted added the latest firmware. spent the last few weeks going through wiki and cliff notes done the youtube search changed the settings for the cam numerous times changed the bit rate . max frame rate key frame rate. but nothing seems to slow the speed down . this is my current setting.. anyone any ideas,ptz0.PNG

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If your camera's live stream plays faster than realtime, that means it is also pausing or slowing down below realtime speed very often. This could be caused by many things:

• Buggy camera
  • Buggy video player
  • Severe network performance problem (if WIFI is involved, that is the most likely culprit)
  • Viewing device is too old or slow to handle the video stream

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If your camera's live stream plays faster than realtime, that means it is also pausing or slowing down below realtime speed very often. This could be caused by many things:

• Buggy camera
  • Buggy video player
  • Severe network performance problem (if WIFI is involved, that is the most likely culprit)
  • Viewing device is too old or slow to handle the video stream
Thank-you for the reply/]. i think it must be the camera. iv'e tried a couple of diffrent video players . vlc player.. widows media player..321 k lite player they all play even faster than live view..iv'e tried wifi it was the same the cam is poe wired . i have view on a older mac a newr laptop and my iphone all the same result. so like you said probaly faulty cam,,

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, nonsense like this is one of the reasons we recommend known good brands so much. When you buy some generic IP camera from China, you never know what crazy problems it might have. Often your only recourse is to contact the seller and try to describe a highly complex problem to someone who doesn't natively speak your language, and if you are lucky you get a firmware update to try. Otherwise they just say they'll talk to "their engineer" and never get back to you.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, nonsense like this is one of the reasons we recommend known good brands so much. When you buy some generic IP camera from China, you never know what crazy problems it might have. Often your only recourse is to contact the seller and try to describe a highly complex problem to someone who doesn't natively speak your language, and if you are lucky you get a firmware update to try. Otherwise they just say they'll talk to "their engineer" and never get back to you.
yes thats the chance you take when buying cheap of ebay.