Live View keeps saying I need plugin??

beardog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am trying to configure my first Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I.

In Live View Mode at the LAN address 192.168.1.118 it says I need the plugin to view.

I download and install plugin and continues to say the same thing.

Is it possible I have something wrong with my port # (800) or HTTP port# (80)

Do I check the box "enable DHCP" in SADP?

I am lost so any advice will help.

tomw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what browser are you using on what operating system?

Try with IE9.

beardog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
what browser are you using on what operating system?

Try with IE9.
IE and Firefox on Windows 10 i4790 Dedicated BI machine - Still not working. Is it possible it doesn't show up because I have the camera connected through multiple switches. (Camera, PoE Switch, Regular Switch)

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you sure you are using IE on Windows 10 and not the Microsoft Edge browser? I had problems with the Edge browser, but was able to get IE working. Be sure to close all browsers when installing the plugin.

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you sure you are using IE on Windows 10 and not the Microsoft Edge browser? I had problems with the Edge browser, but was able to get IE working. Be sure to close all browsers when installing the plugin.
^^^^^^^
When you upgrade to win 10 it changes your default browser to "EDGE"

I had same issue.

top right of EDGE browser clik "..." then select open in internet explorer or change your default browser setting in the OS

khx73

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't forget to use compatibility view in IE. (Add that IP to the list) The plugin wouldn't run until I did that.
(Also, watch for the banner that pops up at the bottom the 1st time, asking if you'll allow the plugin to run).

Last edited by a moderator:

beardog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don't forget to use compatibility view in IE. (Add that IP to the list) The plugin wouldn't run until I did that.
(Also, watch for the banner that pops up at the bottom the 1st time, asking if you'll allow the plugin to run).
Fixed in Firefox. Thanks everyone.